Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #21
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
"So even our own eat their young....LOL" Yes, apparently sometimes they do.

Witnessing a few members here belittle and blast owners of different makes / models in order to feel better about themselves and their cars is imo pretty poor form. It amazes me that some are unable to realize it truly feeds the stereotype.
You have the WORST avatars...every one of them...

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
You have the WORST avatars...every one of them...
Why Thank You. Maybe I'll come up with something original, like a silver Porsche
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Why Thank You. Maybe I'll come up with something original, like a silver Porsche
Well, I did actually feel better about myself for about 30 min. Now I need to come up with a new avatar.....
Old 12-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Well, I did actually feel better about myself for about 30 min. Now I need to come up with a new avatar.....
Just funnin' with you Timco, my Porsche is silver also. I'm not usually the type to enjoy raining on parades but I do like to point out the obvious sometimes.

BTW....I've actually had a few positive comments on my avatars, they're rather unique imo....
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #25

No. I am enjoying driving my car. I am not showing it off.
I dont care for those that think it is otherwise.
Muzzle of Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees View Post
No. I am enjoying driving my car. I am not showing it off.
I dont care for those that think it is otherwise.
This is my standard operating procedure. Avoiding eye contact seems to be the best way to prevent &/or end roadrage. That's not to say that everyone here can't rest assured I am hard at work breaking down long held stereotypes about "Barbie cars"
Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Just funnin' with you Timco, my Porsche is silver also. I'm not usually the type to enjoy raining on parades but I do like to point out the obvious sometimes.

BTW....I've actually had a few positive comments on my avatars, they're rather unique imo....
I wasn't serious in any way either. I laugh at your avatars. It was the obvious answer to your comment.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #28
I am my own mechanic....

The tone of replies is interesting because I never even thought about it from my Boxster's point of view because it's the truck all day and I get bored driving. I'm always surprised at how many people are looking at me! (In the old 2000 Ranger)
Old 12-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #29

Garage
With the top down I think it is mandatory to look around, that's why the top is down. I don't normally look at other drivers directly
I don't look in the mirror to check my hair

With the Top up I almost never look at other driver except other P-cars. Even 911 drivers, Were all in this together

Exception to the rule is if I just got cut off - Then I need to see what the 'F...' Their problem is.
Do they have a phone stuck up their 'Arse', older(watch out here I'm older), Challenging me or just lousy drivers - 'I gots To Know'

I definitely don't look at other drivers if I'm picking my nose
** Don't do this when the Top is down **
Old 12-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #30
pjq

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
Only if my peripheral vision picks up the outline of a particularly hot member of the opposite sex!
I agree......... it must be Canadian,....... long cold winter nights! I guess the proof is in the ice storm babies of 1998, hahaaaaaaaaaa!! Our minds and parts are in the right place at all times, even stop lights!!!!
pjq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #31

People seem to want me to look at them, and pull up really close or right beside me. I tend to ignore them, unless it's a better car than my own. Which it rarely is.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #32

Garage
I know people look at my car and I have been yelled at nice car etc. As a hole I try not to. I was looking in my mirror last week and a middle aged woman in a newer chevy pick up took a picture of the car with her cell ?

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote