986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   At a stop light or stop sign... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/49937-stop-light-stop-sign.html)

Timco 12-18-2013 06:11 AM

At a stop light or stop sign...

Do you make eye contact with the driver next to you?

heliguy 12-18-2013 06:16 AM

I usually don't. I don't want to seem like that "look at me in my Porsche" guy.

Timco 12-18-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliguy (Post 377157)

I drive my Ranger almost all day every day. In the Porsche I'm lower than anyone next to me!

rem503 12-18-2013 06:30 AM

I try not to as well. We drive the car for our enjoyment and not to be seen.

healthservices 12-18-2013 06:46 AM

I stare them down until they make eye contact...

Then I blow them a kiss!

lol

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4

Coffinhunter 12-18-2013 07:07 AM

Nope. I am not driving the car because I want them to notice me. I drive it because it is awesome to drive.

scottvd 12-18-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthservices (Post 377161)
I stare them down until they make eye contact...

Then I blow them a kiss!

My snowboarding car is a 2000 Forester, metallic ugly. Anyhow I'm approaching a red light and this crazy man behind me is upset about who knows what- so he pulls into the right hand turn only lane so he could scream at me. So he's doing his road rage thing going ballistic, I'm just staring at him not responding (stopped at red light). He becomes MORE enraged that I'm not responding so I blow him a kiss .. I thought he was going to experience heart failure.

Light turns green and he goes straight (from turn lane) he swerves over and smacks my passenger side mirror with his hand. I pulled behind him, called police and followed- he sees I'm on the phone and pulls over at fuel station and just waits for police.

Turns out he was originally upset because he claims he saw me texting while driving-- ok?! No damage to mirror, nothing to press charges on (so said officer) but cop thought the blown kiss was ROFL

southernstar 12-18-2013 08:55 AM

Only if my peripheral vision picks up the outline of a particularly hot member of the opposite sex!

Deserion 12-18-2013 09:19 AM

I don't want to get shot, so no. :p

jmatta 12-18-2013 10:14 AM

"Only if my peripheral vision picks up the outline of a particularly hot member of the opposite sex!"

Then do you blow her a kiss?

silver-S 12-18-2013 01:01 PM

Only if it's another Porsche, then I wave.

coreseller 12-18-2013 01:22 PM

I always look forward and never drive without sporting my Storm Trooper Helmet.....

Amazon.com : EFX Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet Prop Replica : Toys & Games

Rickinduncan 12-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver-S (Post 377227)
Only if it's another Porsche, then I wave.

I'm pretty much like you on this, but only if it's another Boxster. I would never wave to a 911 guy because I know deep down in his heart he's thinking " huh ... That guy's driving a ladies car".

silver-S 12-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickinduncan (Post 377234)
I know deep down in his heart he's thinking " huh ... That guy's driving a ladies car".

If he is thinking that,

(A) he has never driven a Boxster

(B) he is a dick

(C) all of the above

cardiffgiant 12-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliguy (Post 377157)

Hey, thats what I got for my vanity plate

Tucker2 12-18-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver-S (Post 377246)
If he is thinking that,

(A) he has never driven a Boxster

(B) he is a dick

(C) all of the above

You are totally right.....but EVERY SINGLE 911 owner is thinking just that. LOL.

I even got blown up by a 981 Boxster owner. He parked next to me at Lowes. He and his wife are sitting in their (his) car as I leave the store and I get into mine.

Me: "Hey there! No fair with a new shiny one!"
Him: "Yeah....I upgraded. But yours is OK."
Note: Wife actually looks fairly horrified by this comment.
Me: "Awesome! Have a great day!!..." (Not said...."....one with small wiener")

So even our own eat their young....LOL.

coreseller 12-19-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker2 (Post 377270)
You are totally right.....but EVERY SINGLE 911 owner is thinking just that. LOL.

I even got blown up by a 981 Boxster owner. He parked next to me at Lowes. He and his wife are sitting in their (his) car as I leave the store and I get into mine.

Me: "Hey there! No fair with a new shiny one!"
Him: "Yeah....I upgraded. But yours is OK."
Note: Wife actually looks fairly horrified by this comment.
Me: "Awesome! Have a great day!!..." (Not said...."....one with small wiener")

So even our own eat their young....LOL.

"So even our own eat their young....LOL" Yes, apparently sometimes they do.

Witnessing a few members here belittle and blast owners of different makes / models in order to feel better about themselves and their cars is imo pretty poor form. It amazes me that some are unable to realize it truly feeds the stereotype. :rolleyes:

trimer 12-19-2013 03:14 AM

I live in Florida 20 min from the beach. Seeing a Porsche is not that uncommon. So no one really pays attention...until I rev up the ghl exhaust!

Eric G 12-19-2013 04:01 AM

A fair bit of the time I will look at drivers around me and nod or wave. Sadly most of them either have phones pressed to their faces or have the death stare straight ahead. We are loosing our ability to interact with people around us.

Next thing you know we will only be talking to people virtually! I doubt that day will ever come...

Timco 12-19-2013 04:48 AM

I stare intensely until they start to look, then quickly turn away......