986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   At a stop light or stop sign... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/49937-stop-light-stop-sign.html)

Timco 12-19-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 377294)
"So even our own eat their young....LOL" Yes, apparently sometimes they do.

Witnessing a few members here belittle and blast owners of different makes / models in order to feel better about themselves and their cars is imo pretty poor form. It amazes me that some are unable to realize it truly feeds the stereotype. :rolleyes:

You have the WORST avatars...every one of them...

coreseller 12-19-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 377308)
You have the WORST avatars...every one of them...

Why Thank You. Maybe I'll come up with something original, like a silver Porsche :)

Timco 12-19-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 377309)
Why Thank You. Maybe I'll come up with something original, like a silver Porsche :)

Well, I did actually feel better about myself for about 30 min. Now I need to come up with a new avatar.....:(

coreseller 12-19-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 377317)
Well, I did actually feel better about myself for about 30 min. Now I need to come up with a new avatar.....:(

Just funnin' with you Timco, my Porsche is silver also. I'm not usually the type to enjoy raining on parades but I do like to point out the obvious sometimes.

BTW....I've actually had a few positive comments on my avatars, they're rather unique imo....;)

Muzzle of Bees 12-19-2013 06:57 AM

No. I am enjoying driving my car. I am not showing it off.
I dont care for those that think it is otherwise.

BYprodriver 12-19-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees (Post 377327)
No. I am enjoying driving my car. I am not showing it off.
I dont care for those that think it is otherwise.

This is my standard operating procedure. Avoiding eye contact seems to be the best way to prevent &/or end roadrage. That's not to say that everyone here can't rest assured I am hard at work breaking down long held stereotypes about "Barbie cars"

Timco 12-19-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 377319)
Just funnin' with you Timco, my Porsche is silver also. I'm not usually the type to enjoy raining on parades but I do like to point out the obvious sometimes.

BTW....I've actually had a few positive comments on my avatars, they're rather unique imo....;)

I wasn't serious in any way either. I laugh at your avatars. It was the obvious answer to your comment.

Timco 12-19-2013 08:11 AM

The tone of replies is interesting because I never even thought about it from my Boxster's point of view because it's the truck all day and I get bored driving. I'm always surprised at how many people are looking at me! (In the old 2000 Ranger)

kk2002s 12-19-2013 08:34 AM

With the top down I think it is mandatory to look around, that's why the top is down. I don't normally look at other drivers directly
I don't look in the mirror to check my hair

With the Top up I almost never look at other driver except other P-cars. Even 911 drivers, Were all in this together

Exception to the rule is if I just got cut off - Then I need to see what the 'F...' Their problem is.
Do they have a phone stuck up their 'Arse', older(watch out here I'm older), Challenging me or just lousy drivers - 'I gots To Know'

I definitely don't look at other drivers if I'm picking my nose
** Don't do this when the Top is down **

pjq 12-20-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernstar (Post 377180)
Only if my peripheral vision picks up the outline of a particularly hot member of the opposite sex!

I agree......... it must be Canadian,....... long cold winter nights! I guess the proof is in the ice storm babies of 1998, hahaaaaaaaaaa!! Our minds and parts are in the right place at all times, even stop lights!!!!

Porsche Chick 12-20-2013 06:14 AM

People seem to want me to look at them, and pull up really close or right beside me. I tend to ignore them, unless it's a better car than my own. Which it rarely is. :D

jsceash 12-20-2013 06:59 AM

I know people look at my car and I have been yelled at nice car etc. As a hole I try not to. I was looking in my mirror last week and a middle aged woman in a newer chevy pick up took a picture of the car with her cell ? :cool: