Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #41
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
I still say it's Madmod's kid.

Randall is correct on one front, as these cars fall in value and the threshold to Porsche ownership entry is continually lowered, get used to to these kind of posts. I had this conversation with a popular forum member a couple of weeks ago (outside of this forum), I referenced another car based forum that actually had a sticky labelled "FP=FQNM"; Falling Prices Equal Falling Quality of New Members. Forum veterans would post up transgressions from what they deemed violators, it got brutal at times.

Regarding the banter and admonishments back and forth from regulars over the original question by Donner (whichever side you are on, you gotta admit it was ripe with "dumbass") and replies it generated, I chuckled out loud when I went to his profile page and saw he hasn't logged back on since his second and last post.

Carry on.
Doesnt matter - this human being had a question about a car that most of us know because we have had them for a while. If you asked my dad, he would say the same thing. I didnt grow up in a house with big tool boxes and a dad that changed his own oil. If the tires went bald - he traded the car in. I only know my stuff because it is a passion and because I had to ask a LOT OF DUMB QUESTIONS. But I certainly dont know as much as people on this site.

Sad day when another potential enthusiast and his/her dad are berated like this. Its no wonder porsche people are looked at as snobs. If his car blows up - his fault, I get it...and it is one less on the road making my value go up by 5 cents, but come on man...being rude like that and pushing a new member off the site as soon as they got here...this site doesnt need more big swinging dicks, it needs some compassion. Off my soap box. probably said to much...carry on.

2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #42

The kid is driving what started out to be a $45 to $50k car, slipping the clutch and ignoring "idiot" lights flashing on the dash (we'll leave out the dad conversation). Limps it home, craps his pants then posts up on a Porsche forum asking for help. He got some usable advice, he got some grief (which he didn't even read lol). Then the banter begins among regular members, some who can't wait to take the "Moral High Ground" and poo-poo some for posting the obvious.

Yes, I think it Does Matter when you take into account the circumstances. Laughing or crying, it's a "life lesson" and most of us have been through it.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #43
jakesbox

Quote:
The kid is driving what started out to be a $45 to $50k car, slipping the clutch and ignoring "idiot" lights flashing on the dash (we'll leave out the dad conversation). Limps it home, craps his pants then posts up on a Porsche forum asking for help. He got some usable advice, he got some grief (which he didn't even read lol). Then the banter begins among regular members, some who can't wait to take the "Moral High Ground" and poo-poo some for posting the obvious.

Yes, I think it Does Matter when you take into account the circumstances. Laughing or crying, it's a "life lesson" and most of us have been through it.
Ok you win. Good job.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #44

I will let you play the moral high ground. I have no qualms being forum troll. We complete each other.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
I will let you play the moral high ground. I have no qualms being forum troll. We complete each other.
Lmao!!!

That's good stuff
Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
Ok you win. Good job.
Wasn't looking to win Trimer, I was pointing out the absurd;

Posts often degenerate into side arguments from other members and get off track from the original question posed. The irony here is that Donner, the OP'er, hasn't logged back on to witness any of it.

BTW....I did not see any answers / advice brought forth from you regarding the OP's "blinking light / vent smoke / odor" issues, you were just there to pile on when some members typed the obvious.

To Repeat: Regarding the above replies, It is up to Donner to separate the wheat from the chaff.........

In the Meantime.........peace out, save the whales, coexist, love mother earth or the one you're with, don't forget to self examine, and MOST IMPORTANTLY.........I'm not just a man ... I'm a life force.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #47
jakesbox

Quote:
Wasn't looking to win Trimer, I was pointing out the absurd;

Posts often degenerate into side arguments from other members and get off track from the original question posed. The irony here is that Donner, the OP'er, hasn't logged back on to witness any of it.

BTW....I did not see any answers / advice brought forth from you regarding the OP's "blinking light / vent smoke / odor" issues, you were just there to pile on when some members typed the obvious.

To Repeat: Regarding the above replies, It is up to Donner to separate the wheat from the chaff.........

In the Meantime.........peace out, save the whales, coexist, love mother earth or the one you're with, don't forget to self examine, and MOST IMPORTANTLY.........I'm not just a man ... I'm a life force.
No you didn't see any from me because as I stated...I am not as smart as some of you in here about this and I had nothing to offer technically until everyone jumped on this guy who asked a question. Does that make me an idiot as it made him and his father? I always hope to see intelligent thoughtful answers though as this is why I come to the board like so many others. I guess if you have less than a certain amount of posts then you are open game for bashing maybe? My point is why would someone have to separate wheat from chaff? Newbie asked a question and the vultures came out. Doesn't have to be that way. But what fun is the Internet if you can't bully people right? Winner winner... Ps last post although in reply to yours wasn't directed at you, sorry...I am an IDIOT. Hugs
Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
jakesbox

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
That's awesome lmao!!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #49

It's a Porsche still a car in time it will end in a yonkyard, maybe Donner doesn't have experience but its very easy to fix, with time and he will get it. How can deny he choose a beatiful car, excellent for driving and dates. So he is smart for that and also because he came asking for help. Just help the lad.
Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #50

I believe some chains have been yanked by the OP.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #51

Garage
Clearly Donner is not a real Porsche owner, just somebody trying to get his rocks off by posting a dumb and dumber post to get everyone riled up. It seems to have worked though. Seriously, nobody could be that clueless. My wife, and I do love her, knows nothing about cars but has enough sense to realize when a dash light stays on then something is wrong. They don't call them idiot lights for nothing. It has been fun reading all the banter. Thanks everyone.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #52

Damnit, no! No peace! You're all idiots! Idiots driving cheap Porsches!!!
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #53
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
Everyone's real tough when sitting behind a computer aren't they? Calling him and his dad names? Seriously? Grow up people...he F'd up. Some constructive help would be nice. Way to treat one of our own..
That's what I was thinking about the car......
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #54

Ha Ha, the thread that keeps on giving.....
Not sure if anyone noticed, but the OP's last post was post #4 ....
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #55
Pjz

Check coolant cap they are common fault on your car
But would advise you take it to a garage for a pressure test for leaks
:dance:
Pjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #56

Now I remember why I never liked Trimer!!!!!!

Inside joke between he and I......
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #57

Forgot to mention to you Trimer, I deciphered all the option codes for Paul's 993 from the front trunk underhood options sticker (he sent me a close-up pic of it). I sent him the options list for his car to help him write up the ad along with info on how to prep the car and key areas to take pictures of it for the 993 crowd. Should prove interesting what it brings, I'm guessing $35k.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #58

Garage
Quote:
Forgot to mention to you Trimer, I deciphered all the option codes for Paul's 993 from the front trunk underhood options sticker (he sent me a close-up pic of it). I sent him the options list for his car to help him write up the ad along with info on how to prep the car and key areas to take pictures of it for the 993 crowd. Should prove interesting what it brings, I'm guessing $35k.
All your work trying to keep people on topic for naught.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #59
jakesbox

Quote:
Now I remember why I never liked Trimer!!!!!!

Inside joke between he and I......
I am cracking up as I just was going through some of these posts. Man - I can be a tool sometimes! You are great man. Always a pleasure and even better chatting with you live!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #60
jakesbox

Quote:
I wrote him again and told him I am still here as a last resort! I am hoping my wife pulled the trigger and is keeping it as a Christmas surprise. But, I keep checking the savings account and I am not down 30K yet. I have been looking at a couple 944 turbos too...

So begs the next questions. Mint Condition 944 turbo - 86-88 year range. What SHOULD someone pay?