View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #41
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
I still say it's Madmod's kid.

Randall is correct on one front, as these cars fall in value and the threshold to Porsche ownership entry is continually lowered, get used to to these kind of posts. I had this conversation with a popular forum member a couple of weeks ago (outside of this forum), I referenced another car based forum that actually had a sticky labelled "FP=FQNM"; Falling Prices Equal Falling Quality of New Members. Forum veterans would post up transgressions from what they deemed violators, it got brutal at times.

Regarding the banter and admonishments back and forth from regulars over the original question by Donner (whichever side you are on, you gotta admit it was ripe with "dumbass") and replies it generated, I chuckled out loud when I went to his profile page and saw he hasn't logged back on since his second and last post.

Carry on.
Doesnt matter - this human being had a question about a car that most of us know because we have had them for a while. If you asked my dad, he would say the same thing. I didnt grow up in a house with big tool boxes and a dad that changed his own oil. If the tires went bald - he traded the car in. I only know my stuff because it is a passion and because I had to ask a LOT OF DUMB QUESTIONS. But I certainly dont know as much as people on this site.

Sad day when another potential enthusiast and his/her dad are berated like this. Its no wonder porsche people are looked at as snobs. If his car blows up - his fault, I get it...and it is one less on the road making my value go up by 5 cents, but come on man...being rude like that and pushing a new member off the site as soon as they got here...this site doesnt need more big swinging dicks, it needs some compassion. Off my soap box. probably said to much...carry on.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote