Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
All your work trying to keep people on topic for naught.
You suggesting Pot and Kettle? You'd be right.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
I am cracking up as I just was going through some of these posts. Man - I can be a tool sometimes! You are great man. Always a pleasure and even better chatting with you live!
You weren't being a toll Trimer, you were being noble and trying to defend what proved to be the defenseless (the SOB Donner has not logged in since his 2nd and last post 9-9-13), being a tool is my job lol. Great chatting with you also, just goes to show that these forums can get chippy when more often than not a live conversation where inflection and smart *ss grins / chuckles would deflect most misunderstandings.

P.S. There is one more 928 S4 I'm going to look at later this week, I've kind of discounted it before even looking due to what I've been reading but it does sound VERY CHOICE!!! 2 owner 42k miles perfect in and out from the many pics sent. If that craps out I may be onto a 944 Turbo too, I have a buddy pushing me hard to buy his 944 S2 3.0 for $3k Buddy Price, really would want a Turbo though. Long term would like at least one 993, 928 and 944 pristine examples, we'll see.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
........ If that craps out I may be onto a 944 Turbo too, I have a buddy pushing me hard to buy his 944 S2 3.0 for $3k Buddy Price, really would want a Turbo though. Long term would like at least one 993, 928 and 944 pristine examples, we'll see.
You might be interested in this:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo -- Free Delivery!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
You might be interested in this:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo -- Free Delivery!
That was like reading the "Acts of the Apostles", and made even LESS sense.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #65

Garage
Quote:
It was a book! But it looked reasonably clean, and it's a Turbo that I am sure can be had for less.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #66
jakesbox

Quote:
You weren't being a toll Trimer, you were being noble and trying to defend what proved to be the defenseless (the SOB Donner has not logged in since his 2nd and last post 9-9-13), being a tool is my job lol. Great chatting with you also, just goes to show that these forums can get chippy when more often than not a live conversation where inflection and smart *ss grins / chuckles would deflect most misunderstandings.

P.S. There is one more 928 S4 I'm going to look at later this week, I've kind of discounted it before even looking due to what I've been reading but it does sound VERY CHOICE!!! 2 owner 42k miles perfect in and out from the many pics sent. If that craps out I may be onto a 944 Turbo too, I have a buddy pushing me hard to buy his 944 S2 3.0 for $3k Buddy Price, really would want a Turbo though. Long term would like at least one 993, 928 and 944 pristine examples, we'll see.
Seems like the turbo is the way to go but I have my eye on a base 44 as well. I don't think they will ever make you a million bucks but I do believe they will hold value as time goes on. I really want a 44 though... Let me know how you turn out on the 28. Don't give up hope!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #67
jakesbox

Quote:
That was very lengthy. He lost me at doesnt run. Lol. But might be the buy of the week.

Brings up a great question. Do you go on craigslist and lookup city by city or is there a way to see all 944 all over country at once?
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #68

Quote:
Seems like the turbo is the way to go but I have my eye on a base 44 as well. I don't think they will ever make you a million bucks but I do believe they will hold value as time goes on. I really want a 44 though... Let me know how you turn out on the 28. Don't give up hope!
The 928 I will see later this week will be a threshold moment for me, I'll either decide to buy it (he wants top dollar which I've learned over the years is more often than not worth paying if as advertised) or I will bail and look for the right 944 Turbo and revisit the 928 search down the road. The 928 S4's are currently hot like 964's and 993's, I'm guessing things may change for MANY things late first or second quarter of next year, we'll see.

Last edited by coreseller; 12-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #69

So - did we conclude that the OP was a troll? Only things he didn't say he did was use low test gas or Dino oil on an oil change, and oh yeah - running the car with $60 Walmart tires.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickinduncan View Post
So - did we conclude that the OP was a troll? Only things he didn't say he did was use low test gas or Dino oil on an oil change, and oh yeah - running the car with $60 Walmart tires.
Didn't he buy an Enzo?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #71

I'll find an Ferrari forum and see if he's posted.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #72

Quote:
That was very lengthy. He lost me at doesnt run. Lol. But might be the buy of the week.

Brings up a great question. Do you go on craigslist and lookup city by city or is there a way to see all 944 all over country at once?

Google.

Search "Porsche 944 -boxster -boxter -911 -933 -964 site:craigslist.org"

/
Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #73

Quote:

Due to varying opinions (mine vs. theirs) on a car's condition, I try to stay within reason proximity wise so I can see it in person. There are methods to automatically search nationwide via Craigslist, but from what I understand there have been a few "Cease and Desist" legal letters going out lately to such websites. One I know of to search nationally:

NotiCraig.com | Craigslist Notifications Made Easy!