Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post

Full leather, yellow belts, supple leather seats, aluminum trim, yellow coco floor mats, and deviated stitching.

(The porsche seatbelt covers are 15 bucks a set on eBay, a great buy if you ask me!)

I noticed the wood trim car had no side air bags, what year was it?
I love all the details of that interior! That's one exciting looking ride.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #22

Sport leather seats & interior, carbon steering wheel, center console,rocker covers( sills guards)handbrake and gear knob.
Excuse poor photos taken about 3 months ago, Boxster gone into hibernation for Winter.
Santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #23

Garage
Thanks for compliments, I'm doing my best to keep it in good shape!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #24

'Clubsport'
ToSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #25

I'm hoping someone with a better picture of this interior will share a pic of theirs. Here's another type that I'm not sure what it's called.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #26

Woody - I have that interior on one of my '99s. That comes with one of the Sport Packages. It's the dash and door panels with the checked pattern. The console, horseshoe and shifter and I think another piece or two finished in a rougher grayish/silver "sand/granite" finish.

If that console and horseshoe aren't ruined, shoot me a PM and I'll grab them from you.

Rick

edit: here's the only picture I have handy of the green cars interior. You can see the console, shifter, e-brake, map pockets and the trim around the handles are of the different finish.
Attached Images

Last edited by RedTele58; 12-30-2014 at 03:25 PM.
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Thanks for compliments, I'm doing my best to keep it in good shape!
Jake - every time I see pictures of your car, I get jealous! :dance:

Rick
Old 12-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #28

The checkerd vinyl interior with the granite/grey finish

trim pieces is the "sport design interior". I have that interior in my car and like the one you posted the console could use "refreshing. I plan on repainting the console and other interior pieces this spring (possibly going to artic silver to match the exterior). I can't recall for sure but I think the option was P69. My car also has litronic headlights and sport seats which may have been part of that option package too.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
trim pieces is the "sport design interior". I have that interior in my car and like the one you posted the console could use "refreshing. I plan on repainting the console and other interior pieces this spring (possibly going to artic silver to match the exterior). I can't recall for sure but I think the option was P69. My car also has litronic headlights and sport seats which may have been part of that option package too.
Hey Smurf - Google is our friend. Here's the info I just found on the P69 package:
P69 Sport Design Package

Info

The P69 "Sport Design" includes:
•Leather sport seats (P77), black partial leather only (Code AZ).
•Black Leather: Hand brake grip, Door handles, shift lever knob, Airbag cover, Rollbar trim, Cover of center console, Upper part of instrument cover.
•Textured black leatherette: Side pads of center console front, dashboard, door panels, side panels of center console.
•Painted Metal Grey: Bottom of instrument bridge, Instrument rims, Switch Plates, Seat buckets, switch plates on seats, outer seat fittings, center console, Handbrake cover, handbrake lever, ashtray cover plate and lid, door handle tube left and right, panel in front of door lever, storage compartment lid, roll bar, gear shift knob insert (in case of Tip: release knob).
•3-spoke leather steering wheel, black, with airbag. The only way to get the 3 spoke wheel in the U.S. (at this time) is with the P69 Option.
•1998 model price is $1620.00.

Conflicts: It has been verified that the P69 does not conflict with the P63 option package.

Here is one person’s description of the gray color of the P69:

The trim pieces are gray, not silver. In person, they look to have a granite type quality (gray, black, white, silver "chunks" all mixed together, gray predominating), Not only do the trim pieces have a granite look, they have a rough texture. These pieces are not smooth or glossy. The top of the cluster, top of the lockable console, door handles, and passenger airbag are leather, black (only) the seats are black leather (only) but being "sport seats" are backed in that same gray granite plastic all the rest (that would normally be vinyl) are "diamond textured" black vinyl. The diamond pattern captures and reflects light and is palpable (i.e. you can feel the pattern) here comes the opinion part: stunning. It is definitely a bargain for the price (in just hardware alone).

Here are the part numbers for the various components of the P69 Package:
•Instrument Cluster ◦986.641.104.04 (European)
◦986.614.105.04 (Tiptronic)

•Door Compartment Flap ◦986.555.591.01 (left door)
◦986.555.591.02 (right door)

•Mid Console and Brake Handle ◦996.552.125.02.C02
◦996.424.155.01.C02

•Gear Shift ◦986.424.075.03.EKP

•A/C, Radio, and PCM Components ◦986.552.241.02.C02

•PCM Version ◦986.552.131.03.ENF
Old 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #30

Garage
Full leather Boxster Red with dark burl wood, three spoke wheel with silver crest.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:40 AM   #31

You guys have been good at identifying interiors. Here's one more for you. It's a 97 and I've seen another 97 with this option.

I think the aluminum pedals are factory
Old 12-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #32

Woody - looks to me like all the silver pieces have been painted ('cuz I've done a whole bunch just like it). The "carbon fiber" on the console and center surround is aftermarket stick-on. Pedals can be bought from Suncoast, Rennline, etc.

Rick
Old 01-03-2015, 04:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
Woody - I have that interior on one of my '99s. That comes with one of the Sport Packages. It's the dash and door panels with the checked pattern. The console, horseshoe and shifter and I think another piece or two finished in a rougher grayish/silver "sand/granite" finish.

If that console and horseshoe aren't ruined, shoot me a PM and I'll grab them from you.

Rick

edit: here's the only picture I have handy of the green cars interior. You can see the console, shifter, e-brake, map pockets and the trim around the handles are of the different finish.
I took that horseshoe trim piece off and unfortunately it has a deep gouge on the lower part. The side pieces are still in good shape though. One of the previous owners had painted over all the "sand/granite" pieces except the horse shoe. . I like that finish a lot. It's very durable compared to that black film on the 2000-04 interior pieces.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSi View Post
'Clubsport'
No disrespect to anybody with red interior, but the carpet on the red interiors are too pink for my taste. I love the red leather, but want black carpet. If there is such a color combination, that would be my favorite. Add some sport seats and I would be in heaven.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #35

Deviated carpet was offered on 993's & on the newer cars.. not sure if was an option on 986's though. On mine, the red floor mats are newer original Porsche Tequipment. They're a shade or two lighter than the floor carpet, not sure if they all come this way or if it was just a certain batch.. In hind sight, I would have ordered Lloyds mats again. If you wanted to spend the coin, I'm sure black carpet is still available - either through Porsche or upholstery shops, like Classic9Leather.

993 w/ box red + black carpet

981, this one has deviated seat cushions too. Not boxster red though:
ToSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #36

^ please delete that 981 interior picture, or its going to cost someone another $69k presto

and we'll lose a member :/
Old 01-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #37

This is the interior of a 2003 Boxster S that I'm patiently waiting for the owner to finally turn loose of and sell to me.

He is the original owner. He special ordered the car, flew to Germany to pick it up, did the European vacation thing, then brought the car stateside. It has less than 30k miles, is loaded full of options and absolutely beautiful.

The unique thing about the interior is the red is Lipstick Red, not Boxster Red, and is a pure red vs the Reddish/Orange of the Boxster Red. It is amazing to see in person.

These pics are the car sitting on the factory showroom for stateside bound cars when he picked the car up.
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #38
I am my own mechanic....

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
This is the interior of a 2003 Boxster S that I'm patiently waiting for the owner to finally turn loose of and sell to me.
That's really nice!
Old 01-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #40
I am my own mechanic....

Jake, your interior is just awesome. Can't stand how nice that stiching is. Very nice Box.

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote