View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #29
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
trim pieces is the "sport design interior". I have that interior in my car and like the one you posted the console could use "refreshing. I plan on repainting the console and other interior pieces this spring (possibly going to artic silver to match the exterior). I can't recall for sure but I think the option was P69. My car also has litronic headlights and sport seats which may have been part of that option package too.
Hey Smurf - Google is our friend. Here's the info I just found on the P69 package:
P69 Sport Design Package

Info

The P69 "Sport Design" includes:
•Leather sport seats (P77), black partial leather only (Code AZ).
•Black Leather: Hand brake grip, Door handles, shift lever knob, Airbag cover, Rollbar trim, Cover of center console, Upper part of instrument cover.
•Textured black leatherette: Side pads of center console front, dashboard, door panels, side panels of center console.
•Painted Metal Grey: Bottom of instrument bridge, Instrument rims, Switch Plates, Seat buckets, switch plates on seats, outer seat fittings, center console, Handbrake cover, handbrake lever, ashtray cover plate and lid, door handle tube left and right, panel in front of door lever, storage compartment lid, roll bar, gear shift knob insert (in case of Tip: release knob).
•3-spoke leather steering wheel, black, with airbag. The only way to get the 3 spoke wheel in the U.S. (at this time) is with the P69 Option.
•1998 model price is $1620.00.

Conflicts: It has been verified that the P69 does not conflict with the P63 option package.

Here is one person’s description of the gray color of the P69:

The trim pieces are gray, not silver. In person, they look to have a granite type quality (gray, black, white, silver "chunks" all mixed together, gray predominating), Not only do the trim pieces have a granite look, they have a rough texture. These pieces are not smooth or glossy. The top of the cluster, top of the lockable console, door handles, and passenger airbag are leather, black (only) the seats are black leather (only) but being "sport seats" are backed in that same gray granite plastic all the rest (that would normally be vinyl) are "diamond textured" black vinyl. The diamond pattern captures and reflects light and is palpable (i.e. you can feel the pattern) here comes the opinion part: stunning. It is definitely a bargain for the price (in just hardware alone).

Here are the part numbers for the various components of the P69 Package:
•Instrument Cluster ◦986.641.104.04 (European)
◦986.614.105.04 (Tiptronic)

•Door Compartment Flap ◦986.555.591.01 (left door)
◦986.555.591.02 (right door)

•Mid Console and Brake Handle ◦996.552.125.02.C02
◦996.424.155.01.C02

•Gear Shift ◦986.424.075.03.EKP

•A/C, Radio, and PCM Components ◦986.552.241.02.C02

•PCM Version ◦986.552.131.03.ENF