Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #1

Car just got keyed

I live in Tucson Arizona. Not the very nice neighborhoods you see in everyone's pics. On my way out to a grocery run, someone decided to take a sharp object from the front fender, across the door, to the rear.

I'm at a loss for words. What a malicious thing to do. I can't wait until Monday to call the insurance.

Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #2

Garage
that really blows !

Pulp Fiction - Don't F**k With Another Man's Vehicle - YouTube
2x Range Rover Classic & CSK
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

Sorry to hear about that Crono, it happened to me in HS on a Fiat spider and I didn't carry anything but liability. You cannot un-ring a bell so try to think about the future, pick a shop with a meticulous reputation and a book of jobs to back their words.

PS Everyone lives near people capable of ugly behavior, it's a sad fact of modern life. I try to keep my car in view when it's parked but let's face it that kind of vandalism takes seconds and can be inflicted while passing by.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #4

Garage
disgusting.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #5

Very sorry.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #6

It's a shame people are so jealous of other peoples possesions. It's like they have no idea what it took to get what you have and hard you worked to get where you are.
tanque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Crono0001:
Sorry to hear that, the other day someone posted how they left a note for a door ding.
I'm like Ghostrider, I try to keep my car in view at all times. It's a carryover thing from my motorcycle.
It's also is like parking your car in the back 40 of a parking lot being the only car there, only to come out to find someone is parked right next to you..
Really..

Good luck with the Insurance..
T
Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #8

Garage
Don't take it personally , I had a 'vette years ago with custom paint , it got vandalized four times in one year. A friend of mine collected baby T-Birds, he told me at one event a dozen Birds got key'd before they caught the moron.
The Moron was lucky the police were there before the owners caught him.

Best of luck with the re-paint.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #9

Had my new Sienna 3 days, took it the park with the kids. Came back, and someone hit it on the side and drove off.
$3500 damage. Didn't even make the first payment yet.
Now 4 months later, wife scratched the rocker hitting a curb, and three door dings. Damn thing is only 4 months old.
Makes you want to scream.

Life is hard enough without other people making it worse.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #10

Garage
Crono,

If you can get me a DNA sample, I'll have The Mantis track down the culprit and give them the death squeeze !
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Certified Boxster Addict

There are a lot of people these days that believe that the economy is a zero-sum game where the size of the pie is fixed and the only way that you got more was by taking it from them. And as the owner of a Porsche, you represent someone who grabbed quite a bit of their pie.

Too bad they can't see that we should concentrate on growing the pie, not fighting over the crumbs.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #12

WOW, so sorry to hear this Crono.

I would be devastated and I have no idea how you are feeling. Hope it all works out.

I just moved to Phoenix so if you are ever around look me up.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #13

Unfortunately, our world is filled with envious SOB's who don't have the cojones to try something in front of the owner. They prefer to do their evil when nobody can see so they don't get their butts kicked. I had prior cars vandalized so I know the feeling. Sorry to hear about it.
Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #14

Thanks for the support guys. It was really hard to sleep last night. It's like a mixture of anger, disappointment, and pain... and of all times, on a Friday night where the insurance company will be closed for two more days.

Looking at my car used to bring me so much joy. Now it just makes me upset.

Oh well. At least next week I'll have new headlights.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #15

I'm sorry it happened to you. I know how you feel. I was in Texas a few years ago (Boxtoberfest), parked in front of a restaurant on the main strip in town. Had the top down. Some dickhead dumped a coke in the passenger seat. With the Texas sun being what it was, it dried up and the acid in the coke ate into the leather. Ruined seat. I was just inside the door eating but didn't see it happen. I wish I had! Cops of course were at a loss (yes I called the cops) Filed a report but of course to no avail. It happens everywhere. I don't know what the solution is, but if someone has one I'm sure we'd all like to hear it!!!

Don't lose sleep over it...it can be fixed. It's a pain but it will look as good as it did before.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
There are a lot of people these days that believe that the economy is a zero-sum game where the size of the pie is fixed and the only way that you got more was by taking it from them. And as the owner of a Porsche, you represent someone who grabbed quite a bit of their pie.
indeed. unfortunately these days, the 'politics of envy' seem to dominate, it's a case of if i don't have it whay should you. those kinds of minds have infected europe for some time and as such support political parties that feed off it.

alas, there's a**holes everywhere. Cron, make sure you get a good paint shop and maybe see if there's some other 'bits' that can get done at the same time..
2x Range Rover Classic & CSK
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #17

Obviously you're part of the 1% since you drive a Porsche.
SolidWorks Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #18

Crono

Just so you know I pulled my car into my garage a few months back and it rolled out of the garage, down the driveway and across the street into a Toyota 4 Runner (all while I watched). My car had not ONE scratch on it and this broke out the tail lamps and ruined the back bumper. Other than that there was NO major damage (no metal work done).

I tell you all this because 1- I was stupid and should have put the car in gear (I did have the E brake pulled but only a few clicks), and 2 well, I was stupid.

I thought there was no way it could look as good again..... I was dead wrong. The back end looks better than ever and with bumperettes now painted to match and a great body shop you would never know and I even forget sometimes that it happened.

Sleep better knowing it can all get fixed/replaced.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #19

I am so sorry this was done to your car. Most of the people in my community turn their heads when I take the car for a ride. These are the people that sit on their ass all day while I leave at 5:30 am every day to run my business. I think it is total "Resentment" for working very hard to achive something in your life without a "handout". Just my thought. Once again, I am sorry to hear this about you and your car. I feel your pain. MAX
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #20

Garage
This makes me sick.. don't want to rant, but this culture of envy needs to end NOW. I have met too many great people on this forum & in person who have worked hard & waited, providing for those they love, to own a Porsche. The 1%? that's not me, nor is it you folks. The 1 % is the kind of people who would do something like screw with someones personal property.
The 1% are the mooches of this world, not the 99% of us who work, pay our income tax, sales tax, property tax, smog tax, dog tax, etc, etc.
Crono, I hope you get this resolved and you are taken care of properly.

Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote