Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #861

Drive to the pass

We took Deiter to look at houses and had to stop for a picture. Even on a cloudy day nothing beats driving the Box.

Attached Images

MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #862
recycledsixtie

Garage
Installed my ex 911 telephone dial rims/blizzak tires on the Box. It was necessary because my new Michelin A/S+ tires cannot handle the new snow here that well. Just got about 6 inches of new snow.....
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #863
Damn Yankee

Garage
Did a PCA-sponsored “Sunday Drive” with the Maverick Region Group.

John Harvey put together an awesome 92 mile route from Lake Worth to Fort Richardson State Park. Total car count was 33 Porsches, so the field was split into four groups with staggered starts. We were part of a group of nine: several 991 Carreras, a RUF 996, a DP 911, a Cayman, and our 2.5 986. These guys really put the “spirit” in spirited driving, and it felt great to put the Boxster through its paces in the twisties keeping up with the big guys. At one point, we got separated from the group by slower traffic, and it looked like we were going to be left behind permanently, but we and a Carrera pushed real hard for quite a long time, through some pretty technical corners, to finally catch up. A few minutes later, we caught up with the first group!

At the Fort, we were greeted by our host, who was dressed in period uniform, and he gave us a tour of the nineteenth century military fort. Then we were treated to some great Texas fare for lunch. All in all, it was a great day in beautiful fall weather to stretch the Boxster’s legs. Total mileage for the day – 260 miles.

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #864

Garage
Dinner

Took the wife out to dinner tonight with the top down. I splurged, we went to Steak & Shake :-)
Atomicblue99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #865

Garage
Swapped ends in the wet on a busy street.
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #866

Garage
Murdered out my hood crest

99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Touch The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #867
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Took it out for a drive today (top down! ) since I haven't had it out in almost two weeks.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #868

Garage
I finished the oil change and got it ready for the Winter hibernation with snow the last 2 days and temps below zero expected Thursday.
I am glad I took advantage of the 40 degree weather on Saturday with a 1.5 hour top down ride past the frozen lakes.

MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #869

Pulled out the Bentley manual and reviewed the wiper wiring diagram. Removed relay #16 again and cleaned it to see if that would fix my intermittent wiper problem.
Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem.
Muzzle of Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #870

Installed aluminum pedals

Last edited by jongorges; 12-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
jongorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #871

Took my son to lunch for his 20th birthday and then took some back roads on the way back with the top down as the temps were in the 70s after a few weeks of low to almost freezing temps...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #872

Garage
Finally got that driver side headlight assembly to snap back into place. I took the advice of one of the people who posted on my thread about just using wd40 and it worked!! I'm really excited because this means:

1) I can use my car at night again!!
2) I can return the dremmel I bought and instead go get GTA 5 hahah!

I have no idea how the wd40 helped; the light assembly still wasn't going in all the way but somehow the clamping rod clicked in and now the car is good to go. Thanks fellow 986forum members for all the advice!
ttmedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #873

Replaced the electrical portion of my ignition switch which has been giving warning signs for about 3 weeks. When I had difficulty removing the key I knew it was time to get the new switch out of the box and install.
How anybody can remove that switch from below the dash has got me beated, The two swich securing screws face upwards on R/H drive cars, so you can't see the screws or the screw heads.
In the end I removed the dash air vent and got to the screws from there. Another little maintenance job completed.......
Old 12-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongorges View Post
Installed aluminum pedals

Whydya bolt your clutch and brake pedals together?

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
Whydya bolt your clutch and brake pedals together?

It's a new design I'm working on. Patent pending.
jongorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #876

Garage
Since picking up by 2000 Box last month, I've done a few things before it gets too cold out:

Full cut polish - The previous owner neglected the clear coat and it needed wet sanding really bad.

Alpine head unit, JL Audio dash and door speakers, 2x Alpine amps and fiberglass subwoofer box in the passengers side kick to house a 10" JL Audio TW3

Found a great deal on Litronics headlights. So much better than my burnt halogens.

Swapped out the 4 spoke steering wheel to a 3 spoke one. For some reason the airbag light is now on. I've read posts about the seatbelt switch. I'll check it out and figure out what's causing it.

Lastly I'm getting a set of smoked depo tails. Comes in tomorrow. Cant wait!

Thanks to the awesome sellers on the classifieds here on 986!

I also have a new glass roof to install. It's way too cold so i'll just wait till the spring to put it on.

This forum has been a great resource for me. I'm very appreciative of all that contribute. It's helped me a lot!

Cheers!
markskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #877
Custom User Title Here

Garage

Last edited by particlewave; 12-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #878

Mine has been away since October and I am really starting to miss it.
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #879

Garage
Picked up mine a week ago Wednesday. Parked it till Tuesday this week due to cool temperatures, wet and brand new rear summer tires. Tuesday night I took my wife for a spin as the first passenger. Thursday it was warm enough, but a bit wet, to drive to work. I was smiling all day! Coming home I had the top down for a bit, despite the 40ish temperature. Then a few errands last night, topped it up with gas and stabilizer, plugged it in and it goes to sleep for a few months. While I regret putting it away for the winter, I was very pleased to get some seat time this week.

Now every time I go in the garage I have to look at it
TripleTrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #880
recycledsixtie

Garage
It was -30c/-20f today and took it out to prove how good a winter driver it was and do some Xmas shopping . This is how it started - so far so good.

And this is how it ended.

Apparently the tire shop says I have damaged the tire wall. They have none in stock so I have to go tire shopping now. I think winter is really hard on tires. It could be my spirited driving too.....

recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote