Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #301

Changed the rag top w/ plastic to a new one with glass window. Also sent car into the shop for a make over! Can't wait to see her in a week!

SF-Rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #302
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
What a busy bunch we are! Drove from Charlotte NC to Emporia VA today in my Tundra to pick up some 997 seats with 2000 miles on them for $700. Round trip was a long 8 hours and over 500 miles. The reward was putting them in my 2000 'S' and taking if for a spin. They look great, they smell great, and feel awesome. My original seats are in great shape but the 997/987 seat is just better for my bad back.
I'll post some good pics soon. here is one with phone at nite. New seats are gray and the interior is black. Friends are saying not to dye the seats, think I might leave them for now and see if the two tone grows on me. The seats are heated but I haven't figure out how I'll wire that up yet. If any one has let me know. My original seats were not heated.

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by deptotpr View Post
My son and I made a quick movie..
Daddys Toy - YouTube
Nice spoiler where did you get that from?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #304

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
What a busy bunch we are! Drove from Charlotte NC to Emporia VA today in my Tundra to pick up some 997 seats with 2000 miles on them for $700. Round trip was a long 8 hours and over 500 miles. The reward was putting them in my 2000 'S' and taking if for a spin. They look great, they smell great, and feel awesome. My original seats are in great shape but the 997/987 seat is just better for my bad back.
I'll post some good pics soon. here is one with phone at nite. New seats are gray and the interior is black. Friends are saying not to dye the seats, think I might leave them for now and see if the two tone grows on me. The seats are heated but I haven't figure out how I'll wire that up yet. If any one has let me know. My original seats were not heated.

Nice find! Where they on CL? I would like to find some heated seats. I would keep it two tone, the grey will be cooler in the summer. P.S. Great choice in trucks, love my Tundra!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #305
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Nice find! Where they on CL? I would like to find some heated seats. I would keep it two tone, the grey will be cooler in the summer. P.S. Great choice in trucks, love my Tundra!
Thanks. Actually they were on ebay but the guy didn't want to ship and would drive 100 miles to meet the buyer. It turns out the auction had expired but I managed to get hold of him and work it out. If you have any thoughts about hooking up the headed part that would be cool. The seats are really comfy, took it to the golf course today and it was nice to sit back an relax on the way hom.
Ya I love my Tundra, got it 15 months ago with 105k miles for $8k. The check engine like just went on, I'm hoping I can get the code and it will actually tell me what is wrong. Runs fine though.
I've noticed many 987/997 seats from ebay UK. Check them out, they might ship to the US for a decent price. Some were much cheaper then here in US.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #306

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
Thanks. Actually they were on ebay but the guy didn't want to ship and would drive 100 miles to meet the buyer. It turns out the auction had expired but I managed to get hold of him and work it out. If you have any thoughts about hooking up the headed part that would be cool. The seats are really comfy, took it to the golf course today and it was nice to sit back an relax on the way hom.
Ya I love my Tundra, got it 15 months ago with 105k miles for $8k. The check engine like just went on, I'm hoping I can get the code and it will actually tell me what is wrong. Runs fine though.
I've noticed many 987/997 seats from ebay UK. Check them out, they might ship to the US for a decent price. Some were much cheaper then here in US.
Thanks for the info. No idea on hooking them up, I haven't gotten that far in my research. They look to be in excellent shape!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
I bought myself some new Porsche Wheels and 19* Inch Michelin Tires.
To make up for a cracked rim and blown tire I had a few days ago.

May I say that looks far better than with the chrome rims. Top work.
Michiganstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #308
Homeboy981

Garage
Installed a new Top Speed Cat Back System yesterday…acceleration is BREEZY now! Sound is AWESOME! Not too loud to drown out Harleys but just enough to hear a great engine at work! Nice and throaty! LOVE IT!!! I STOLE it, price-wise too, so my wife loves that she will have shopping $$$. Can't wait for a track day!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #309

I relocated the front trunk emergency release cable today to the tow hole access point in the front bumper cover. I did this without removing the bumper cover.

To do this, I took out the passenger headlamp. Using a flashlight and long wire tie, I passed the wire tie over the bumper and out the cover's access hole. I then pulled the emergency cable through. Once there, I looped it and passed the cable's pull loop back into the the threaded tow hole for storage. Finally, I secured the looped cable to the bumper cover using a short piece of fishing line through the two tiny holes that usually tether the bumper cover plug to the cover itself.

I would have preferred to run the cable to the side marker lamp. I didn't do this for two reasons. The original cable was too short. When I added an extra length, I found the headlight tray wouldn't seat correctly.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #310

Nothing is more satisfying than cleaning a Porsche after a long and stressful day at work.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #311
Ex Esso kid

You think that is satisfying try not letting the passenger drive, you're gonna love it!!
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #312

Garage
Whiskey Bay PCA

Had a really nice drive and Christmas party lunch with about 35 members of our Whiskey Bay (Baton Rouge - Lafayette, Louisiana) PCA .....a good time was had by all
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #313

Garage
My wife & I went on a tour with a group of fellow PCA members to Nevada City for a Victorian Christmas festival up there. A nice 110 mile round trip even though the weather was pretty cold & drizzly.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #314

Garage
partially de-ambered the front/front sides of my '99 ...not sure if I like it better or not .... please weight in

Old 12-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #315
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
I washed the beast. I'm a bit ashamed to say how utterly filthy it was. Still need to vacuum the interior.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #316
Newb

doragman,

I am back and forth on the amber thing myself. I have a dark color '99 like you and I am on the fence about what I like better. If I were to get rid of the amber I would like to upgrade to some thing like THESE.
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #317

Garage
Gotta agree that looks great -- assume yo an just replace in kind without issue ....now where did I hid that extra $1K ?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #318

Garage
clean engine bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Can you guess what I did?

Before:

After

I also cleaned out the drain holes and of course gave the rest of the car a bath.

How did you accomplish such a thorough cleaning job? wow!
rem503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #319

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem503 View Post
How did you accomplish such a thorough cleaning job? wow!
It was really pretty easy. A little bit of Orange cleaner, spray on, let sit, gently rinse off. Repeat as needed. A little elbow grease for the stubborn areas. It didn't take long and as you can see, it made a huge difference!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #320
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Ruined my f'in clock/oil LCD