Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl2407 View Post
While it may cause some to have palpitations, I fitted a Cloak Dock from Alien Gear:

Nice. Been thinking about that.
9 or 45?

2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #2882

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl2407 View Post
While it may cause some to have palpitations, I fitted a Cloak Dock from Alien Gear:

What is this?

Sent from my SM-G928F
itskenallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:32 AM   #2883
still plays with cars...

Garage
Squint a bit... he's packing.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #2884
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskenallen View Post
What is this?

Sent from my SM-G928F
That is a Tiptronic (AKA "Wussomatic").
They're weird...
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #2885
POG champ, 1995.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskenallen View Post
What is this?

Sent from my SM-G928F
Looks like a Springfield Armory XD Mod.2.
ryanjboutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 PM   #2886

Garage
Yesterday and today (I had to wait on some parts), I replaced the rear trailing arms thanks to the great DIY located here. While I was doing that, I ended up replacing the rear underbody panel and the 2 rear wheel mud guards(all three were worn out), then I did my oil and filter change with no sparkles on my magnetic drain plug, rotated the tires, and then finally I washed and waxed it! My original LN magnetic drain plug failed when I was tightening it back up so I got another one which is a new design and it doesn't look like this one will fail. Oh, and then I took some pictures before I took it for a "test drive" since it was such a nice evening

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #2887

"Yesterday and today (I had to wait on some parts), I replaced the rear trailing arms thanks to the great DIY located here. While I was doing that, I ended up replacing the rear underbody panel and the 2 rear wheel mud guards(all three were worn out), then I did my oil and filter change with no sparkles on my magnetic drain plug, rotated the tires, and then finally I washed and waxed it! My original LN magnetic drain plug failed when I was tightening it back up so I got another one which is a new design and it doesn't look like this one will fail. Oh, and then I took some pictures before I took it for a "test drive" since it was such a nice evening"

So....how exactly did you rotate tires? Aren't your staggered? Mine are.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:46 PM   #2888

Garage
Topped off with Non-Ethanol
Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #2889

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
"Yesterday and today (I had to wait on some parts), I replaced the rear trailing arms thanks to the great DIY located here. While I was doing that, I ended up replacing the rear underbody panel and the 2 rear wheel mud guards(all three were worn out), then I did my oil and filter change with no sparkles on my magnetic drain plug, rotated the tires, and then finally I washed and waxed it! My original LN magnetic drain plug failed when I was tightening it back up so I got another one which is a new design and it doesn't look like this one will fail. Oh, and then I took some pictures before I took it for a "test drive" since it was such a nice evening"

So....how exactly did you rotate tires? Aren't your staggered? Mine are.
Right Front to Left Front, Right Rear to Left Rear, not really rotate but swap them.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 10-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Right Front to Left Front, Right Rear to Left Rear, not really rotate but swap them.
Can you do this with all tires or some don't allow it? Any markings on the tire that would tell me yes or no?
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:11 AM   #2891

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
Can you do this with all tires or some don't allow it? Any markings on the tire that would tell me yes or no?
I have Michelin PSS's and they are non-directional but they do have an outside marking which means it must be mounted correctly. There are some tires that are directional and cannot be swapped but the Pilot Super Sports are not directional.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 10-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Yesterday and today (I had to wait on some parts), I replaced the rear trailing arms thanks to the great DIY located here. While I was doing that, I ended up replacing the rear underbody panel and the 2 rear wheel mud guards(all three were worn out), then I did my oil and filter change with no sparkles on my magnetic drain plug, rotated the tires, and then finally I washed and waxed it! My original LN magnetic drain plug failed when I was tightening it back up so I got another one which is a new design and it doesn't look like this one will fail. Oh, and then I took some pictures before I took it for a "test drive" since it was such a nice evening

[img]http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02/PA1408771476499930.jpg[/i

What a classy looking Boxster! Beautiful !!!
PR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #2893

Completed my first track days with my new Boxster - NJMP Thunderbolt and Lightning with PCA Schattenbaum. The car ran great and I was very happy to outpace a couple of prepped Spec Boxsters with my stock (except brake pads) car. I also beat my personal best on Lightning, which was set in a 550HP M3

Spec Boxster #714
PGas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:41 AM   #2894

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR61 View Post
What a classy looking Boxster! Beautiful !!!
Thank you!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 10-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #2895

Nice, love the color
eallga72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #2896

Yesterday and today I cleaned out my garage so my new to me Boxster S could become a garage queen once again!
pdtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #2897

AutoX

Did a Autocross for the first time on Saturday, what a BLAST!. Some other forum members were also in attendance. Now I need new brakes, oil change and a good detailing. The list of items to go over this winter keeps getting longer.
gpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #2898

My Frankencar is going back to OE...maybe

well my Subaru powered (EJ2.5 SOHC) 98' Boxster is looking like it will return to an OE engine soon (CA smog is a bit*&)....

so two things now,
1- anybody got a spare running drivetrain???
2-anybody interested in a plug-n-play Subie setup (will support any Subie motor)?

LMAO @ me

Sassmatt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #2899

Garage
Sub-install and Detailed

Put some thump in the audio by adding an Alpine PWE-S8 powered sub in the passenger footwell. The install was super easy and 100% reversible. The PWE-S8 was easy to work with, is built like a tank, and has a single quick connector for power and sound - so it can be quickly stowed in the trunk if more room is needed or theft is a concern. Still playing around with were it fits/sounds best.

I upgraded the dash speakers to Infinity REF-4022cfx's a few months ago to my otherwise stock CDR-23 and now with the sub it is putting out some decent sound. This isn't going to wow any audiophiles or bass heads, but loud enough and very listenable.

No pictures of the sub install yet but here is one of the outside after a thorough detail.

Boxing Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Looks like a Springfield Armory XD Mod.2.
Winner winner chicken dinner :-).

Today my 03 flew through state inspection and an oil change 😀

jpl2407 is offline   Reply With Quote