Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #61

^I knew that what you're going to post before I clicked on it...

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #62

Garage
On a serious note, I used some of this wax a few years ago and loved it . I recently came across it at a local store and decided to pick up some up . I'm sure that most of the detailing snobs out there will thumb their noses at it, but the stuff works great . Easy on, easy off with no swirls marks or streaking and no dusty residue, and it leaves a great shine . I call it the "Sopranos" wax .

Wax Daddy presents Formula 113 & BeadX Detail Spray
Old 05-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #63

Whoa! The guy on the web site looks like he'll break both your knee caps if you DON'T buy his product!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #64
Ex Esso kid

It's "micro brewed" , that's exactly what I've been looking for in a wax! That's a page right out of the Kodak use "Ekta" or "Koda" as a word prefix and mark it up 30%, marketing playbook.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #65

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
It's "micro brewed" , that's exactly what I've been looking for in a wax! That's a page right out of the Kodak use "Ekta" or "Koda" as a word prefix and mark it up 30%, marketing playbook.
Digressing for a moment, don't ask me why ? but this tune has Ghostrider written all over it . Maybe it's the thought of you having a bikini top .

Starbuck Moonlight feels right - YouTube
Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #66
Ex Esso kid

Have not read one thread about top mechanism issues with the Bikini top. Furthermore, replacement would be a joke at any boat canvass shop or with the factory pieces and since the rear window is never under stretched stress it will last ions longer than the original plastic designs. Frankly, just like the rest of the car the bikini top is misunderstood by non enthusiasts.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #67

Garage
Quote:
Have not read one thread about top mechanism issues with the Bikini top. Furthermore, replacement would be a joke at any boat canvass shop or with the factory pieces and since the rear window is never under stretched stress it will last ions longer than the original plastic designs. Frankly, just like the rest of the car the bikini top is misunderstood by non enthusiasts.
I joke ! I wish the Dangermobile had a bikini top . What about the music ??
Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #68
Ex Esso kid

Check it out the bikini top stored is never exposed to light either, in the last two years of 986 operation I never put the top up, just used the cover in the garage. As for the tunes I know you, they have to be a huge nut bust at my expense but ok I'll go listen.

edit OK I'm back, that tune was in rotation during the forced music years at Exxon, not my fav.... I have been listening to a lot of Government mule lately.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #69

Garage
Quote:
Check it out the bikini top stored is never exposed to light either, in the last two years of 986 operation I never put the top up, just used the cover in the garage. As for the tunes I know you, they have to be a huge nut bust at my expense but ok I'll go listen.

edit OK I'm back, that tune was in rotation during the forced music years at Exxon, not my fav.... I have been listening to a lot of Government mule lately.

Ghost Riders In the Sky By: Frankie Laine - YouTube
Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #70
Ex Esso kid

More like this for all my deceased colleagues at 310 Chevron

Henry Paul Band/Grey Ghost - YouTube
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #71

Hello Topless, I'm hoping you can help me. you posted and had assistance on a topic regarding error codes you were receiving on your porsche. I'am having the exact same error codes and believe they may be related to a faulty ignition switch since mine is faulty but i'm not sure. Can you please email me, letting me know what the fix was? I'd greatly appreciate it if you can tell me how you took care of the issue. I'am not sure exactly how the forums work so i can provide you with my user name, which is laurenlolo and can be emailed at gabee@comcast.net here's the link. Thank you! http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/29643-cel-codes-print.html

laurenl is offline   Reply With Quote