Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Garage
New Guy (Santa Cruz, CA)

Hey guys and girls New guy here, God I love these Porsche forums. So many nice people ,so much info. Anyways I'm a long time Porsche owner I started restoring 356's and 912's with my dad as a kid. Ive owned many 914's and 912's and now I have a Boxster.
My mom bought a 2000 Boxster as a second owner from a guy in Carmel California it was bone stock and drove by his wife daily. It had 45,000 miles on it and she got a pretty good deal. My Mom drove it on the weekends and my brother took it in for its maintenance at Fastlane Porsche repair. Its been well taken care of. Well last week my Mom died of Cancer and left me the car. So here I am my name Is Seth and I live in Santa Cruz California. The car is a 2000 Boxster black with black interior. 74,000 miles. The car has been sitting for the last two years, with an occasional trip to the store here and there.
My wife and I are looking for local groups or clubs to hang out with . Maybe some autox or something.
Anyways just thought I'd say Hello and a bit about me. See ya around.
Seth

Saw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #2

Welcome Seth from a fellow Northern California member!

First off, my condolences on the passing of your mother. Sounds like you have a great car and even more importantly something nice to remember your mother by. Enjoy the Boxster and the memories it will bring you of your mom.

Cheers

Mark
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Hello Seth from warm Charlotte NC! Well at least last 4 days (in the high 60s!). Sorry to hear about your Mom.

Enjoy the new toy and the forum. I've been a member on other forums (Mercedes) and so far this has been the best, Boxster owners are very polite. We get into it sometimes but not much slamming.

Post PICs!!!
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

Seth, so sorry to hear about your mother. Welcome to the forum and Boxster ownership! Do you have any plans or goals? Upgrades that you'd like to do? Autocross or track driving?

And yes, post up some pics's!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Seth, so sorry to hear about your mother. Welcome to the forum and Boxster ownership! Do you have any plans or goals? Upgrades that you'd like to do? Autocross or track driving?

And yes, post up some pics's!
Hey Guys, Thank you all for the kind words. My mom was great, She was a wonderful person and to top it off she knew how to get busy in a Porsche. She loved driving.
As for plans. So far I have to figure out what exactly I'm working with. And figure out what options the car has. I will have to go to Porsche and look it all up. Because for some strange reason the sticker under the hood is gone.
So far I have put some fat sticky Potenzas on it , New Drilled rotors and stage 2 pads. Other than that its all stock. Id like to put on new shocks (bilstien adjustable) and get it ready to do some auto cross events. I hear there is events in Marina at the airport. The suspension is already really stiff and I'm kinda thinking it might have the "sport" package as an option but I'm not sure. With the new Brakes it is unbelievable how well it stops. So that's where I'm thinking I want to start (suspension).
Please feel free to offer any advice or anything I need to know as I'm new to the Boxster family.
Thanks again
Seth
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #6

Garage
Ohh yeah, How do I resize photos?
Attached Images