Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Registered User
 
audisnawb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 138
Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
My Boxster Arrived yesterday!!!!

Boxster arrived yeaterday at the end of my work day. The car drives amazing... great pickup. I didnt really see what she could do, since the dealer forgot to put the temp plates in the car- didnt want to chance getting pulled over.

It definitely has the smell of an oil leak in it. The dealer accidentally sent the original owners info in the paperwork so I decided to call him and its the RMS.... So im going to try and battle the dealer for money since they claim they put it through a 100 something point check before selling. You cant miss this smell and they should have informed me of the leak.

Some of the interior parts are broken (sunshade mirrors broken off on each side, missing infrared motion detector cover on passenger side, and console compartment lid is snapped off....

Anyway, shes filthy from the ride from SC to New England... Here are some pics of it on the hauler!





__________________
PRESENT:
SUMMER FUN: 1999 986 Porsche Boxster Metalic Black on Sierra Beige
WINTER BEATER: 2007 BMW 530xi

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
Autobahn Glanz
 
WhipE350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,282
Garage
Glad you finally got it! Doesn't look bad at all for that long haul. Spring is right around the corner for you should have fun. Ya so much for 100 point inspections, they need to pay to have that fixed and if you have a good Indy check out the clutch and ims while in there.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Carnut
 
AndyA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 774
The dealer counted on you being an uninformed customer...., go after the guys! ALL the points you listed should be found in a legit 100 point inspection. Lucky brake that you have the paperwork That will piss somebody off at the dealership
__________________
'14 Boxster
AndyA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Registered User
 
audisnawb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 138
Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6
The dealer counted on you being an uninformed customer...., go after the guys! ALL the points you listed should be found in a legit 100 point inspection. Lucky brake that you have the paperwork That will piss somebody off at the dealership

Thanks for the compliments guys-

Andy I agree--- Its complete craps they didn't know about this....!!! You can smell the oil burning. I called the dealer yesterday and they are going to "call me back" after talking to management. I will touch base again tomorrow. Hopefully they will be reputable and take care of this issue for me. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.
__________________
PRESENT:
SUMMER FUN: 1999 986 Porsche Boxster Metalic Black on Sierra Beige
WINTER BEATER: 2007 BMW 530xi

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnawb
Thanks for the compliments guys-

Andy I agree--- Its complete craps they didn't know about this....!!! You can smell the oil burning. I called the dealer yesterday and they are going to "call me back" after talking to management. I will touch base again tomorrow. Hopefully they will be reputable and take care of this issue for me. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.
I hope everything works out in your favor! Sometimes I wish I got a white one, yours is beautiful.
Highlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aspen, CO
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow (Robo-Top)
I hope everything works out in your favor! Sometimes I wish I got a white one, yours is beautiful.
The car is gorgeous.

Remember the squeeking wheel gets the most oil.
PhilNotHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Registered User
 
audisnawb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 138
Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
Thanks Guys! I love the white.

My Volvo V50 is white as well- its just so clean- and Im in the dental field, so I suppose it my favorite color- TEETH!

I called the dealer again today so Im waiting to hear back as to if they will pay for a repair on the RMS. I will do the IMS upgrade at the same time at my cost.
__________________
PRESENT:
SUMMER FUN: 1999 986 Porsche Boxster Metalic Black on Sierra Beige
WINTER BEATER: 2007 BMW 530xi

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnawb
. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.
I had all those interior issues on mine. Those console (called the "oddment tray") hinges commonly break, so Porsche sells a metal replacement that's not too hard to install. The infrared motion detector lens is cheap and pops right in; I bought a pair from Suncoast, and likely they have the oddment lid hinge too. The mirror covers can be fixed with some small, well-placed screws. Good luck with the RMS, that's a bigger deal.
Gougoushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Registered User
 
audisnawb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 138
Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gougoushu
I had all those interior issues on mine. Those console (called the "oddment tray") hinges commonly break, so Porsche sells a metal replacement that's not too hard to install. The infrared motion detector lens is cheap and pops right in; I bought a pair from Suncoast, and likely they have the oddment lid hinge too. The mirror covers can be fixed with some small, well-placed screws. Good luck with the RMS, that's a bigger deal.
Ahhh! Good to know, thanks sounds like a cheap fix. Ill have to see about getting the new bracket/hindge
__________________
PRESENT:
SUMMER FUN: 1999 986 Porsche Boxster Metalic Black on Sierra Beige
WINTER BEATER: 2007 BMW 530xi

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fl
Posts: 12
Smile Yeah I Must Say I Luv My White As Well

Nice And Clean!!!!!!!
Attached Images
 
Fastass986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: atl
Posts: 363
congrats man. looks great. i too bought mine online without seeing it first several years ago. also had the infrared lens missing, and the window gear was broken. pissed me off. but the dealer declined to pay for any repairs unless i ship it back to him at my cost. it was a major headache and i finally just repaired it myself. hopefully they won't pull that crap on you too. good luck!!
__________________
-Tuan
tuanle16@juno.com
tuanle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page