986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   My Boxster Arrived yesterday!!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/28430-my-boxster-arrived-yesterday.html)

audisnawb 04-09-2011 04:22 AM

My Boxster Arrived yesterday!!!!

Boxster arrived yeaterday at the end of my work day. The car drives amazing... great pickup. I didnt really see what she could do, since the dealer forgot to put the temp plates in the car- didnt want to chance getting pulled over.

It definitely has the smell of an oil leak in it. The dealer accidentally sent the original owners info in the paperwork so I decided to call him and its the RMS.... So im going to try and battle the dealer for money since they claim they put it through a 100 something point check before selling. You cant miss this smell and they should have informed me of the leak.

Some of the interior parts are broken (sunshade mirrors broken off on each side, missing infrared motion detector cover on passenger side, and console compartment lid is snapped off....

Anyway, shes filthy from the ride from SC to New England... Here are some pics of it on the hauler!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6407874_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5818238_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5522538_n.jpg

WhipE350 04-09-2011 04:52 AM

Glad you finally got it! Doesn't look bad at all for that long haul. Spring is right around the corner for you should have fun. Ya so much for 100 point inspections, they need to pay to have that fixed and if you have a good Indy check out the clutch and ims while in there.

AndyA6 04-09-2011 05:17 AM

The dealer counted on you being an uninformed customer...., go after the guys! ALL the points you listed should be found in a legit 100 point inspection. Lucky brake that you have the paperwork :D That will piss somebody off at the dealership ;)

audisnawb 04-10-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyA6
The dealer counted on you being an uninformed customer...., go after the guys! ALL the points you listed should be found in a legit 100 point inspection. Lucky brake that you have the paperwork :D That will piss somebody off at the dealership ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys-

Andy I agree--- Its complete craps they didn't know about this....!!! You can smell the oil burning. I called the dealer yesterday and they are going to "call me back" after talking to management. I will touch base again tomorrow. Hopefully they will be reputable and take care of this issue for me. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.

Highlow 04-10-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audisnawb
Thanks for the compliments guys-

Andy I agree--- Its complete craps they didn't know about this....!!! You can smell the oil burning. I called the dealer yesterday and they are going to "call me back" after talking to management. I will touch base again tomorrow. Hopefully they will be reputable and take care of this issue for me. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.

I hope everything works out in your favor! Sometimes I wish I got a white one, yours is beautiful.

PhilNotHill 04-10-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlow (Robo-Top)
I hope everything works out in your favor! Sometimes I wish I got a white one, yours is beautiful.

The car is gorgeous.

Remember the squeeking wheel gets the most oil. :cool:

audisnawb 04-11-2011 07:25 AM

Thanks Guys! I love the white.

My Volvo V50 is white as well- its just so clean- and Im in the dental field, so I suppose it my favorite color- TEETH! :)

I called the dealer again today so Im waiting to hear back as to if they will pay for a repair on the RMS. I will do the IMS upgrade at the same time at my cost.
:cheers:

Gougoushu 04-12-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audisnawb
. The center console compartment lid is also completely broken at the hinges as well as both sun visor mirror covers. Aside from that, the car is gorgeous and as expected.

I had all those interior issues on mine. Those console (called the "oddment tray") hinges commonly break, so Porsche sells a metal replacement that's not too hard to install. The infrared motion detector lens is cheap and pops right in; I bought a pair from Suncoast, and likely they have the oddment lid hinge too. The mirror covers can be fixed with some small, well-placed screws. Good luck with the RMS, that's a bigger deal.

audisnawb 04-12-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gougoushu
I had all those interior issues on mine. Those console (called the "oddment tray") hinges commonly break, so Porsche sells a metal replacement that's not too hard to install. The infrared motion detector lens is cheap and pops right in; I bought a pair from Suncoast, and likely they have the oddment lid hinge too. The mirror covers can be fixed with some small, well-placed screws. Good luck with the RMS, that's a bigger deal.

Ahhh! Good to know, thanks sounds like a cheap fix. Ill have to see about getting the new bracket/hindge :)

Fastass986 04-12-2011 01:57 PM

Yeah I Must Say I Luv My White As Well

1 Attachment(s)
Nice And Clean!!!!!!!

tuanle16 04-12-2011 03:44 PM

congrats man. looks great. i too bought mine online without seeing it first several years ago. also had the infrared lens missing, and the window gear was broken. pissed me off. but the dealer declined to pay for any repairs unless i ship it back to him at my cost. it was a major headache and i finally just repaired it myself. hopefully they won't pull that crap on you too. good luck!!