Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #81

Sorry this has happened to you guys.

I’ve always wondered why this Forum never collected a fee, many on the web do. You are just as deserving.

Interesting that none of the site sponsors have stepped up yet. Where's Jake and others??

As unfortunate as this event has been, just remember the money you saved from the Red Line Water Wetter debacle and fraud perpetrated a few years ago, and keep everything in perspective. Karma? That could have really brought you guys down. You guys settle that one pretty well, by banning MNBoxster, aka Jim, aka Andy, and letting him come back as Lil Bastard. That was a close one.

Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
Interesting that none of the site sponsors have stepped up yet. Where's Jake and others??

not to say they should or should not, have or have not... but they already support the site financially by the ads they purchase - i am assuming. my opinion of them does not change whether they have donated or not.

(just my .83-cents adjusted for inflation)
Old 03-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #83

I'm sure many others gave quietly.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #84

Donation sent!
TennisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 AM   #85

Again, many thanks to all who have helped out.

This site's membership continues to impress me with its maturity and comraderie.

BL

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #86

Hi guys.

I sent a small donation.

This is an excellent board.

Thanks all for keeping this a clean and fun place to visit.

-Thomas-
DeadLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #87

Just read this entire thread. I can't believe the law is on their side over a forum members posting. I knew we were a litigious society, but this is just nuts. I haven't frequented this forum too much but I just posted a For Sale ad in the classifieds and now I understand why I couldn't get my link to photobucket to work. I have already sold one item this morning so I'm making a donation of the proceeds of the first sale and will donate a percentage of anything else I sell here. I've been rat-holing Porsche parts for decades and I have to get rid of the stuff before I sell my house and move back to TN.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #88
Carnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshirk
Just read this entire thread. I can't believe the law is on their side over a forum members posting. I knew we were a litigious society, but this is just nuts. I haven't frequented this forum too much but I just posted a For Sale ad in the classifieds and now I understand why I couldn't get my link to photobucket to work. I have already sold one item this morning so I'm making a donation of the proceeds of the first sale and will donate a percentage of anything else I sell here. I've been rat-holing Porsche parts for decades and I have to get rid of the stuff before I sell my house and move back to TN.

You know, that is really nice of you!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #89

That is very kind.

Thank you very much!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Sorry to hear you were targeted by these blood suckers. The Westboro Baptist Church (their ones that protest soldiers funerals) basically does the same thing. They hope that someone will assault them during their protests and then sue the town for not protecting them. In all, it's a pretty sleazy way to make a living.
Helpful hint - they can't sue if they are dead. So if you are going to attack members of WBC make it stick. (this is just a joke. Do not take it as a call to action. I do not advocate violence.)
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #91

Another contributor

I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading the posts. I sent a contribution.
randijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #92

sent you some cash, this site has helped me out alot. I am from Ireland living in the States. This Law suit crap bothers the **************** out of me.
stephendoherty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #93

As soon as I pay for my repairs I will send some money.
iluvboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #94

Very disappointing to read of such cynical behaviour, will try to remember to send a few bucks over when my invoices get paid later in the month.

One query I have regards making the site bigger and stronger, why not let non-members view forum posts / threads? Surely this would increase traffic immensely. Plenty of forums do allow non members to read most if not all the forum. What's the downside?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #95

a federal judge yesterday dismissed a case RH brought against democratic underground saying that RH did not have grounds to sue since it did not actually own the content it was suing for (background - RH sues on behalf of media outlets by purchasing the right to sue, but not the actual copyright). the judge also ruled that RH failed to list the original copyright holder in most of the 200 cases it was pursuing.

the judge gave RH 2 weeks to explain why it should not be sanctioned.

and (according to the forbes blog) if RH is ordered to pay defendants attorney costs, it could lead to a wave of lawsuits by others who have "settled" rather than go to court.

the ruling essentially invalidates all of the other "contracts" RH has for "copyright" transfer with the specific right's holder (that i think was the cause of this suit) **************** and threatens the other "cases" RH has in other states with other content holders.

http://blogs.forbes.com/jeffbercovici/2011/06/15/copyright-vigilante-righthaven-will-fight-on-after-ruling/
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #97

I am thoroughly convinced there's solid opportunity to bring a class action law suit against righthaven by all those who have paid their ransom in the recent past, including Richard Kwei.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #98
Carnut

I like where this goes!! Screw RH!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #99

Righthaven fined for misleading court:
http://www.sans.org/newsletters/newsbites/newsbites.php?vol=13&issue=57&rss=Y#sID201
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #100

Site Donation

[QUOTEflavor987S=Interesting that none of the site sponsors have stepped up yet. Where's Jake and others?? [/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any reason for any member - or sponsor (IMO) to feel compelled to post up that they have helped. It's important for those involved to feel free to contribute as they are able and feel good about. The forum admin.s know who has done what and that's what matters.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 07-23-2011 at 10:41 AM.
DenverSteve is offline   Reply With Quote