Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #1

watch out for this particular seller on ebay.

watch out for this particular seller on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7956451752&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
he sold me a bumper "with few scratches" but when i got it, (almost 3 weeks later) it had 3 cracks and it was rear-ended. refund? of course not!
oh and he send it by greyhound bus, and expects me to go pick it up without even telling me. i just had to laugh.
i know there are good honest seller but beware of this particular seller. they call themselves "discount german auto parts".
there goes $350.00

kajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #2

Why don't you leave him negative feedback?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #3

How the world do you ship by greyhound?? And yes, why not leave bad feedback and try to resolve through paypal and ebay?

Sorry you got screwed. Thanks for warning us.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #4

I've seen people ship through Greyhound, though I've never personally gotten anything that way. If you purchase something that way you will have to go to your local Greyhound station (no offense to the folks that live there, but the St. Louis one is in a neighborhood that I wouldn’t take my Boxster anyplace near) and pick it up. A friend of mine was looking at getting a neon bar sign and the guy would only ship this way, he said that if it was shipped FedEx or UPS they arrived broken like 70% of the time, with Greyhound is was something like 20%.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #5

Credit card

If you paid by credit card you can disput through the credit card and get your money back. I have done it.
TOM986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #6

If you paid through Paypal (like what I did), prepare to wait about 30 days for them to respond to you. And when they do, they'll ask you to get an independant appraisal to write you a letter and have that faxed over to Paypal WITHIN 10 DAYS to prove your case. Yes, they make you wait 30 days but when they need something from you, it's a 10 days limit. And that is non-negotiable. If you're out-of-town and missed that email, too bad. I'm going through that right now.

Your situation is tricky and similar to mine. I received an item that has an 'indent' causing it not to fit properly. The seller claimed I damaged the product during fitting
clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #7

You can't count on Ebay to fix a bad situation. If I have a situation similar to yours I start emailing all of his bidders, and I mean ALL, until the situation is ressolved.
After months of waiting for a refund once, I did just that emailed all his bidders and cc'd him on all the emails and sure enough I got my refund within 1 week.
It may cost you getting booted from ebay but you can always come back with a new screename the next day. The same isn't true for sellers, their ability to sell at the highest possible price is heavily dependent on their feedback rating. This particular seller who mislead you about scratches vs. cracks has perfect feedback.
If you push him by emailing his sellers that he doesn't accurately report the condition of his used parts I'm sure he'll come around.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #8

yes i left a neg. feedback today. why? that idiot is probably going to leave me one as well and i just didnt want that. i generally wouldnt have but i just had to.
i did use paypal but not credit card. it gets debited out of my checking.
a friend of a friend said he can recondition it and make it work but thats about $200 later. so i ordered a new bumper.
this thing suck big time...... only up side is that i won $735.00 playing lotto last weekend, and i never play lotto.
kajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #9

Win some, lose some

Anyway, you've up to 3 months to leave a feedback from the transaction date. Wait till the very last day and leave it. That way, the seller'll not be able to 'reciprocate' your negative feedback.

But then again, a negative feedback affects a seller more than a buyer... So don't be too worried about it on your end.

For my case, I left a negative feedback but he didn't leave any for me...

clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote