Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 05:21 AM   #1

Ebay Scam Alert : mrgreatpricecut

This guy (mrgreatpricecut located in Hong Kon) offered a carbon center console trim for sale. Bidded for $537.50. Ebay item 7945197780. Upon receiving it, discovered it doesn't fit around the gearshift area. He asked for photos as proof which I promptly sent over. No response.

I filed a dispute complaint with Paypal. He initially agreed to a refund but later says prefers to let Paypal handles it. A check with Paypal shows he claims I damaged the product!!??!

Totally dishonest guy. The entire email thread between him and myself is attached as proof.

Don't ever buy from him.. Help propagate the news!

clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #2

I am surprised you purchased anything from an Ebay seller overseas.

I've decided that the further away they are, the worse the outcome.

If you charged it on a credit card (the ONLY way to use paypal IMO) then I'd just call the credit card company and have the charge frozen in dispute. That will get the guy's attention when it's charged back to his account.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #3

I'm not exactly located in US as well so.... I've got a set of original colored center caps from a guy in Germany before and everything turned out well. I guess it's just a matter of luck. There was this guy that purchased a car and got ripped off $20k.

Paypal says they'll come out with a resolution very soon. So I'm going to wait till end of this week to see what happens
Old 03-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to phrankandbeanz
paypal resolution takes about 2-3 weeks to resolve. Get ready for a long wait
phrankandbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankandbeanz
paypal resolution takes about 2-3 weeks to resolve. Get ready for a long wait
2-3 weeks?! I've been waiting for 4 weeks and they're still giving me the standard reply. Apparently, things will only start to happen 30 days AFTER the dispute is logged. I called yesterday and the guy over the phone told me it's not been 30 days as Febuary only has 28 days...WTF??!!

This is what happens when there's no competition to Paypal...
Old 03-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #6

Yeah well at least paypal have human beings you can interface with.

Ebay is the only Nasdaq 100 company that exists strictly for its 'powersellers'.
Anyone ever actually speak to an Ebay employee? Does Ebay really exist? Is it willie wonka and chocolate factory, just in our minds?
I don'k understand how they have been allowed to get away with this by the government for so long. Only now 5 years after their IPO have they announced that they will have telephone operators. Its like they are fully aware that they have too many people being ripped off by their sellers to ever adequately staff any type of publicly accessible telephone lines.

I bought a high end bicycle frame for $600 once. It was new alright but defective, the seller hadn't checked the bracket threads that hold the pedals to the bike. The new bike was basically worthless. Paypal, Ebay, Interfraud Center (FBI) were all useless. Paypal charged me $20 to mediate, whcih was nothing more than two emails to the seller and no one ever called or sent a letter. When you have a billion successful sales on Ebay no one cares about the 3% that go wrong.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-08-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #7

EBAY is fine if your transaction is smooth and clear.

Otherwise, it is like dealing with the ether, there is simply nothing there.

I tired to change my email address with them once. I spent hours trying this, believe me it was not worth it.

BTW-they still use my old address.

To me, it is the epitomy of technical arrogance.

"Hey, we don't need no stinkin' humans!"

If you like EBAY customer service, you will love Quicken Bill Pay!

:dance:

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote