Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Hey, don't forget to take it easy on the right foot through the break-in period.

Your car will thank you later, and despite several claims to the contrary, be sure to do an oil change in the next 600-750 mi., it may be the best maintenance money you'll spend.

Don't drive at constant speeds or RPMs and avoid excessive idling 'til you hit 1k on the Odo.

But, more important, I wasn't beggin' for Bikini pics (though I certainly wouldn't look away), I just think that any chick who's handle is LoveBunny and who drives a Boxster must be pretty HOT! Forget those few hypercritical posters. All women are beautiful in their own way!

Yeah, I'm trying not to rev it too high during break-in. I had a conversation with the salesman about how long I should not rev it past a certain point, and he said it's not as bad as long as you don't keep the RPMs high and sustain that. I've been trying to keep them under 4,000, but it's hard. I was racing a train last night (as in next to it, not trying to jump in front of it) and I was up to 5,000 before I knew it. And btw, I made it to the train crossing WAAAYYYY before the little barrier things came down.

It's a 2008. I didn't get a lot of options, but the ones I got were Bose, 19" wheels, power heated seats, wind screen, and I got a tire warranty which will very possibly pay for itself considering the way our streets are around here.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
very nice man, congrats, and enjoy it in good health
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #23

Here's some more pictures I just took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46965257@N00/
Old 03-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #24

Like I said before, really nice looking car! I see you even have a purse to match the interior!

But, the dog gets a pic and not the bunny? And on Easter?
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #25

Hahaha, yep, my dog always sneaks into my pics somehow. I don't even know how those ended up in there. I need to get somebody else to take a picture of me though, and everyone else was too busy thinking about eating today. I'll get one soon I promise! Maybe tomorrow I'll try to take one of myself when I'm stopped at a light or something.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #26

I really like the rims.

Looks very sharp.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
I really like the rims.

Looks very sharp.
+1
Sweet ride!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #28

I just added some pictures to the album I took of myself and my dog in the car. There's some of my brother's dog thrown in there too showing off her belly. She thinks her belly is more important than any car.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #29

Yep... just as I thought. That car's gonna look good on you! Best of Luck with it!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #30

The car looks great, congratulations.

Off topic question..... what make of harness is that for your dog?
wvicary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #31

My dog's harness came from Ruffrider

http://www.ruffrider.com/

The one I got her is the Geriatric Roadie, although looking at the pictures on the site it doesn't look the same as the one on there.

Last edited by LoveBunny; 03-23-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #32

Nice color and rims! Congrats, enjoy your new car!
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #33

Hey LB,
Thanks for the pics! Nice all around!!....the dogs too!!!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #34

I cannot believe you took your car to lakeside mall, I get a door ding just driving past that place.

I'm only kidding, great looking boxster and congrats. We still need to plan the Louisiana boys/girls porsche party.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #35

the car looks great....I like the wheels too....I think cayman side vents painted to match would be a great add on!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #36

Congrats!!! On Your New Car!!

2000 Porsche Boxster
Litronics
Evo Intake
Chrome Front Grill
18" Turbo Twists
Custom Dual Magnaflow Exhaust
Custom Rear Diffuser

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6...umpic23bg5.gif
Where's my car? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Congrats and Enjoy!

I'm sure you will get through the break in period very quickly. These cars are extremely addicting to drive.

So how about those bikini pics?? J/K

ENJOY!
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I cannot believe you took your car to lakeside mall, I get a door ding just driving past that place.

I'm only kidding, great looking boxster and congrats. We still need to plan the Louisiana boys/girls porsche party.

Well, I have to say this is the first time I went to the mall and looked for parking spots far away from the entrance. I had space all around me. Plus I had to pee really bad and didn't want to wet my pants in the car.

Today I stalled in traffic like a big idiot. Some guy was behind me blowing the horn and that dang key being on the left side kept throwing me off and I kept turning it the wrong way to restart it. I'm still getting used to the feel of the car and I'm still a little nervous with it, I guess like when you have a new baby or something.

super66, I thought my side vents were going to be black instead of silver, but I think they look okay silver. Maybe I'll change them eventually though.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #39

Ah, the strategic parking process. I've employed it with every new car I've purchased and yet, someone decides to find my car and park within millimeters of it just to prove they can do it.

End spots are best because one side is protected for sure... but one must be VERY careful with the rims we have on our cars not to curb rash them... and yours are especially expensive to replace or repair!

As far as the stalling goes, I must admit it still happens to me now and then and it's embarrassing.

That comment reminded me to comment on clutch use in case you don't know what I did not know before Porsche ownership:

The clutch should not be depressed unless you are actively changing gears. This means that your foot should be off it when you are sitting at a traffic light. Same goes for coasting to a stop or down a steep hill ... don't depress the clutch while you brake to a stop. It's best to depress clutch, put tranny in neutral, release clutch, and brake simultaneously to a stop.

Only depressing the clutch when actively changing gears keeps the clutch from wearing out prematurely, and you really want to practice it because a clutch will cost you plenty $800-$1200 minimum for parts and dropping your tranny to get to the clutch parts.

The flip side of this practice is an increased potential for stalling at red lights and pissing off people behind you who believe the first person at the light MUST jackrabbit into the intersection the millisecond the light turns green.

I typically watch the traffic patterns and the opposite light and remain alert at lights when I'm driving the boxster so I can get it in gear, give it a tad more fuel than normal to eliminate stalling, and keep people from honking at me or worse... rear ending me because I didn't get out of their way fast enough.

BTW, brake pads are much cheaper and easier to replace than a clutch, so downshifting is not recommended by many Boxster owners who've paid for a clutch replacement prematurely!

Just some thoughts ... if you knew all this, please forgive me. Just thought it would be good to pass along what I've learned thus far in Porsche ownership!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #40

Congratulations!

The new car looks fantastic - congratulations! Having just gotten my Boxster about a month ago after years of anticipation, I share in your excitement.

Enjoy it!