986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I'm getting my car tomorrow morning! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15952-im-getting-my-car-tomorrow-morning.html)

LoveBunny 03-21-2008 09:08 PM

I'm getting my car tomorrow morning!

I'm so excited that I just had to share. I'm going to pick up my Boxster at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Now I hope I just can get to sleep tonight.

blueillusion97 03-22-2008 12:04 AM

:dance: i remember that day....after i picked it up i was almos depressed.......i wanted a porsche for soooooooo long and when i got it i was like "NOW what? :confused: " but now im trying to get in to racing little by little starting with autocross so that gives me new things to look forwand to

LoveBunny 03-22-2008 05:14 AM

Well, I hope I don't get depressed after I get it! The reality hadn't really sunk in until yesterday when I sold my brother my old car and realized I don't have a car anymore.

husker boxster 03-22-2008 05:26 AM

Congrats LB!!! The day has finally arrived. :dance:

Hopefully you got some sleep last night but if you didn't, what a great thing to be fretting about.

Enjoy your new car.

RandallNeighbour 03-22-2008 05:52 AM

I just read this post and you're probably picking up your car right now.

We want to see pix asap!

Congratulations!

bmussatti 03-22-2008 06:32 AM

Congrats, LoveBunny!

tboyer 03-22-2008 08:58 AM

About time :D Hope you have a top-down day, enjoy!

peakpro 03-22-2008 09:31 AM

sounds great...best of luck

LoveBunny 03-22-2008 12:09 PM

I just got home with it. I'm so exhausted. Luckily the weather is nice today, and I rode around with the top down for a while. I think I need to get a hat or something though because my face started to get really hot. I'm still getting used to driving it, but I love it! Here's a couple pics I took in the parking lot at a mall with my phone. They came out pretty bad. I'll take some better ones later. I had to take a pic of the cup holder because I think it has the neatest cup holder since it actually holds the drink in place. The one in my Lexus was crap. You'd turn a corner and your drink would go flying.

I can't get pictures to upload and can't figure out how to link them right, so hopefully this link to my facebook works.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=338530&id=828274640&ref=mf#pid=33853 0

super66 03-22-2008 12:24 PM

can you post them so I don't have to sign upfor face book to see them :D

you need to take a pic of you jumping in the air like the toyota commercials....

SilentThunder 03-22-2008 01:01 PM

Nice wheels.

jmay03 03-22-2008 02:56 PM

Looks fantastic. I just picked mine (2003 S, midnight blue metallic, 5K miles) up a couple weeks ago, myself. It's great, huh?

Lil bastard 03-22-2008 03:11 PM

Very Nice - love the color - Congratulations!

When do we get to see a pic of the LoveBunny with her new Boxster? Nothing too wild, maybe just a flash of Leg and some Heels... ever see the Car Wash scene from Cool Hand Luke? te he... ;)

:cheers:

LoveBunny 03-22-2008 04:19 PM

I'll try and figure out how to post a pic better. I thought Facebook would let you link so people could see without joining. Does anyone know why the uploader on this site doesn't work?

I just woke up from a nap and I swear I was having dreams that the car salesman was holding me up at gunpoint and some guy at the dealer ate a juicy roast beef sandwich in my car and dripped all over the seat. I must subconsciously still be scared it's not mine or something. When I went to take a nap I took a peek out the window to look at it since it's parked in my driveway right outside my bedroom window.

When I take more pics I'll take some with me in it if I can. But I dunno about a bikini shot since this seems to be a pretty tough crowd around here. If you-all thought that other girl in the models shoot had a gut I'd hate to see what you say about me.

dcporsche99 03-22-2008 09:23 PM

Hey LB,
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics when you upload it on the forum site!

Enjoy! :cheers:

LoveBunny 03-22-2008 09:27 PM

I'm going to take some better pictures tomorrow.

I've got to say it's pretty difficult to not drive this car too fast unless I'm watching for bumpy roads.

Uncle Bob 03-22-2008 09:53 PM

Congratulations!

7th gear 03-22-2008 10:00 PM

congratz on the new ride lovebunny!!

to share your pics, i've heard it may be possible to use:

flickr
http://www.flickr.com/

or

google picassa
http://picasa.google.com/

might help unless somebody directs you how to do it here.

Lil bastard 03-23-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveBunny
I'm going to take some better pictures tomorrow.

I've got to say it's pretty difficult to not drive this car too fast unless I'm watching for bumpy roads.

Hey, don't forget to take it easy on the right foot through the break-in period.

Your car will thank you later, and despite several claims to the contrary, be sure to do an oil change in the next 600-750 mi., it may be the best maintenance money you'll spend.

Don't drive at constant speeds or RPMs and avoid excessive idling 'til you hit 1k on the Odo.

But, more important, I wasn't beggin' for Bikini pics (though I certainly wouldn't look away), I just think that any chick who's handle is LoveBunny and who drives a Boxster must be pretty HOT! Forget those few hypercritical posters. All women are beautiful in their own way!

RandallNeighbour 03-23-2008 05:24 AM

I love those turbo rims!

What year is it? What options does it have? Xenons? Bose?