Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #81

Talking I was not a big fan

I was not a big fan of the boxer, I thought it was too plain. Then I drove one and that was it. Now I own it and everytime I start her up and drive it puts a smile on my face.

2004 limited edition boxster S

Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xusmnimij
EASY Jack, I have a Mountineer, a Mercury product. You know what that is right? A FORD with lock washers....
You did note the three big smilies, right? Everything is cool on this end.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #83
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG
You did note the three big smilies, right? Everything is cool on this end.

Oh yeah, just busting balls back, life is too short for that, especially between guys who like cars.... My cousin is a big Ford guy. He had a Falcon all built, pretty cool. He's the one who told me about Mercs and lockwashers.

Last edited by xusmnimij; 12-12-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #84

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #85
There Is No Substitute.

Garage

Comic Book Guy!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 AM   #86

A new 'detector' for us.

My Boxcar friends, consider comments about your car not being a 'real' Porsche, a benefit. How so, you axe? Well since opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one (not entirely true, when I taught school there was a child that was born without a rectum, but I digress), and sometimes a**holes pronounce their opinions. So use these announcements as an a**hole detector. Now how much time are you going to devote to conversing with these type of cretins? None I hope!

I am just glad there are so many good cars on the road from various mfgs. that I have many choices. I saw Nissan and Toyota win big time in the old IMSA races and the Porsches dominated before that. Lots of good stuff out there so enjoy your Boxcar as it is one of the best handling cars ever produced. Mine makes me smile every time I drive it..

Happy motoring,

Allen 986geezer
Old 12-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
My Boxcar friends, consider comments about your car not being a 'real' Porsche, a benefit. How so, you axe? Well since opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one (not entirely true, when I taught school there was a child that was born without a rectum, but I digress), and sometimes a**holes pronounce their opinions. So use these announcements as an a**hole detector. Now how much time are you going to devote to conversing with these type of cretins? None I hope!

I am just glad there are so many good cars on the road from various mfgs. that I have many choices. I saw Nissan and Toyota win big time in the old IMSA races and the Porsches dominated before that. Lots of good stuff out there so enjoy your Boxcar as it is one of the best handling cars ever produced. Mine makes me smile every time I drive it..

Happy motoring,

Allen 986geezer
Well said!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #88

Quote:

Happy motoring,

Allen 986geezer
You may all be surprised to learn that I don't entirely agree

As Richard said before, we are all free to use own own definitions as regards what we consider a 'REAL' Porsche. Some people think that REAL Porsches died when they did away with aircooling. Some people swear that their 914 is the real deal & others say that our Boxsters are NOT true Porsches.

Just because some people might disagree with your definition of what consititutes a REAL Porsche doesn't mean that they're A-Holes or cretins.

Remember Richard's definition of the word 'Bigot' ? - in some people's eyes, your statements may have nudged you closer to that definition.

Sweeping statements like that, especially combined with bad language & name calling, just adds fuel to the negativity sometimes displayed in these forums.

However, I do thank-you for pronouncing your opinion.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #89

Just for clarity, the definitions I posted were from Dictionary.com.

As an academic, I like to properly cite my sources!

Old 12-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #90

Confused

Gee... I always thought racists were those who hated other people for their recognizeably different racial origins. Doesn't "ricer" refer to cars and cycles rather than people? And isn't rice a dietary foundation in many Asian countries? Such as Japan, from whence these vehicle derive? So, where's the racism ? Or am I instead seeing a bit of thin-skinned PC baloney here?
Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #91

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyakiro
You may all be surprised to learn that I don't entirely agree

As Richard said before, we are all free to use own own definitions as regards what we consider a 'REAL' Porsche. Some people think that REAL Porsches died when they did away with aircooling. Some people swear that their 914 is the real deal & others say that our Boxsters are NOT true Porsches.

Just because some people might disagree with your definition of what consititutes a REAL Porsche doesn't mean that they're A-Holes or cretins.

Remember Richard's definition of the word 'Bigot' ? - in some people's eyes, your statements may have nudged you closer to that definition.

Sweeping statements like that, especially combined with bad language & name calling, just adds fuel to the negativity sometimes displayed in these forums.

However, I do thank-you for pronouncing your opinion.

Well we all have the right to be offended. Yes, I think broad pronouncements like the one concerning a real Porsche was meant to offend the Boxster owner. I find that offensive so I dismiss a person that would try to offend like that as an A**hole and will have no more to do with them. I don't have a mission to "straighten them out", I just ignore them and take them for what they are. If you take that as "adding to the negative sometimes displayed" so be it but it was not meant that way but you have a right to your opinion too. Did you read my statements about Toyota & Nissan winning in the IMSA races? No disrespect for those marques, just admiration. Perhaps you"protesteth too much"??

AKL
Old 12-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #92

Quote:
Perhaps you"protesteth too much"??

AKL
Perhaps eh.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #93
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I just think it's funny that people with others cars bad mouth Boxsters. We could make negative comments about their cars but we don't (most of the time). When was the last time a guy in another Boxter bad-mouthed your Boxster? When was the last time someone in another car bad-mouthed your Boxster? People in others cars bad-mouth us because there jealous, and feel threatened, and won't admit it. It's simple.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 AM   #94

People are not their "things!"

Pass it on.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #95

With apologies to MLK

" I see a time in the future, where a man will be judged by the content of his character, not the car that he drives!"

Old 12-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmorg
Gee... I always thought racists were those who hated other people for their recognizeably different racial origins. Doesn't "ricer" refer to cars and cycles rather than people? And isn't rice a dietary foundation in many Asian countries? Such as Japan, from whence these vehicle derive? So, where's the racism ? Or am I instead seeing a bit of thin-skinned PC baloney here?
man evil...this is the biggest circle ever...the fact remains that the term "ricer" was given to these heavily modded cars that people view as different from thiers...

so then you state "isn't rice a dietary foundation in many Asian countries?" so instead of it being about a car that looks like crap, you tie it back into the diet of Asian countries?

in this case you say "ricer" and for the record, it was found offensive by a forum member to whom's race it degrades.......similar to the uproar when Tiger won the masters and the one guy told him they don't serve chicken.....

so the funny thing is everyone gets uptight when the boxster, a car, is called out....or when someone says it's a chick car, or a poor man's porsche....but in matters of insulting a person's race, it PC baloney
Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #97

Ok, we are done.

Thanks to all for playing.

Closed Thread