Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #41

I think you guys have the market incorrect. This top is for people who want a 986 Cayman, not for people who want a winterized Boxster.

For $5000 and the price of a 986 (say $20,000-ish), you get a 986 Boxster Coupe. That's not a bad deal!

Sure, it'd be nice if it was cheaper, but I think they'll do just fine with their product at that price.

Now, the vents on the other hand... they should burn those in hell right now before they continue to embarrass themselves. Absolutely AWFUL.

And I don't know why everyone's so excited about the Zeinwing. It's just a copy of the Porsche 987 aerokit wing and/or the standard Cayman wing--not exactly innovative.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #42

Like all new inventions for our cars, if one is patient, the price will drop like a rock.

I fully expect this top, if still available in two years, to sell for $1999.

Or, the company will stop making them or they'll be forced out of business for being complete idiots and pricing their product so far out of reach that no one was willing to buy it ... which is where I am today.

I'll trade my old boxster in on a pre-owned Cayman S before I slap a fairly permanent $6,000 cayman-look alike lid on the boxster. I'm headed in that direction anyway.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #43

No! Don't leave Convertible Land! It loves you!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohertycm

Get a commitment for 20 at 3500, see if they bite

I'm commitment #2 for $3500. I just made my wife come upstairs to look at Pat's top..."thats a Boxster?" "Cool, you should get one of those".

Thats about all the permission I need!

\
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
No! Don't leave Convertible Land! It loves you!!
It may love me, but I don't love it as much any more. The top assembly on older boxsters can cause as many headaches and cost just as much as major engine or suspension work.

If I lived where you live, it would be mandatory. Your weather in SD demands a rag top!

However, I live in what we affectionately call, "Sauna City, USA". Our humidity levels exceed 85% for nearly eight months out of the year. And it rains here all the time, making it 100% humidity. Throw in the unbearable heat one endures with the top down in the summer when it's not raining, and you own a car you can't really enjoy more than about three or four weeks out of the year.

So, weighing the repairs/hassles of a rag top with actual days of use, it becomes a silly contest of will to keep a boxster when one could upgrade to a cayman s and get a hard top, more structural rigidity, styling that is superior to the 911 (IMO) and a much larger engine (2.5 -> 3.4).

and now, we return to the unbearable discussion of the ghastly expensive of the Zeintech top...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #46

Im in at 3500

Count me in for $3500 with bulk order purchase. I will commit at 3500

t
terag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #47

I love the top. I'll keep my eye out on someone who gets one and doesnt like it :-) .
SinnerDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Like all new inventions for our cars, if one is patient, the price will drop like a rock.

I fully expect this top, if still available in two years, to sell for $1999.

Or, the company will stop making them or they'll be forced out of business for being complete idiots and pricing their product so far out of reach that no one was willing to buy it ... which is where I am today.

Kinda depends on supply and demand. This is an outfit from South Africa. Who knows how big they are or what their capabilities are. Maybe they can only manufacture a couple tops per month because it's a small operation. If the demand is for 50 tops per year, then the price will stay high because the demand is strong enough that they can ask that high price. You're assuming they could even keep up with production if they dropped their price to $2K and got flooded with orders. If it's a small operation not interested in growing, then we may never see the price drop. Do you think the price of any Gemballa or Ruf stuff will drop? Nope, they sell at a high price and you either want it or not. If you don't, then move along because there's another guy in line behind you with money in hand who wants their product...

I'm with SinnerDC2, I'd keep my eyes open down the road for someone who buys and then doesn't want it. Maybe you could get a deal then, but you'd better be that first guy in line with money in your hand.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #49

i'll take one for 3k

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...IMG00612-1.jpg
ROMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #50

I would buy one if the price drops a bit more, $3K to $3500 is about what it is worth, I never drop the top anyways and have lost so much in value that I will keep it a couple more years.
thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #51

Hi all

I know I live in Australia, but I'm also in for US$3,500 for the Zeintop. I love the look.

Sorry to bump up an old thread.

Since the company is in the US, much easier for someone to organise this in the US - I can send payment to the person organising it first - I'll pay for additional shipping to Australia.
986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #52

Cool

Count me in.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #53

I like it

+1 for zeintec
liuyu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #54

Whats status on Zeintop bulk order?

Just curious who is responsible for contacting Zeintec for the bulk order. I wanted to check on current status and see how many would actually purchase at $3500. I am willing to call Zeintec myself and see if they would give us a number of orders we would have to place to get the price down to $3500 a piece.

Anyone please respond so we can get a realistic head count and possibly get the Zeintop down to a realistic price.

thanks
t
terag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #55

Sent you a PM
Chris_Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #56

I was contacted by Zeintec a month ago and was asked if I was interested in purchasing a Zein-top after I had e-mailed them to get some particulars about the top. They were looking at charging me $4500 plus about $200 shipping to NJ. It sounded like they were in a hurry to get my order as they gave me a time limit to place my order. I think the order of tops was ready to be shipped from the production line and they were trying to get some shipped to the east coast so that I could for go the $800 shipping that they charge to ship cross country. That price was alot lower than what they were advertising earlier... They did mention that a PCA discount was going to happen but they were not very forthcoming with any information about a timeline or a PCA price. So for $4700 plus the price of the hardtop hold down bolts and the $500 for the required center front windshield latch I could have had a Zein-top. I still couldn't part with the money...

2000 non-S Guards RED
Mostly stock-so far...
rear speakers
3 spoke
K+N
Red bumperettes
Speedster humps
Planning:
some stinkin' cup holders
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #57

I'm still in for one. Basically happy to send someone in the US the money to get one for me, and then organise for it to be shipped to Australia. Or if Zeintec can ship to me direct, that's fine too.
986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #58

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but I just wanted to let you all know that I have decided to sell my Boxster and my Lapis Blue Zeintop and Zeinwing. This is a great chance to get one at a very reduced price.

Top is in Tampa, pick up only, $3500 for both the top and the wing.

See FS: Lapis Blue Zeintop and Zeinwing, Tampa FL $3500 for details.

Pat
Pat S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 AM   #59
mts

Reduced Pricing on some Zeintops

I thought I would post to this thread since there were a few who indicated they would be interested in one if the price were lower.

According to an email I got from Graeme, they have (2) Artic Silver demo tops in California they are selling for $3,000 each. If you have an Artic Silver car, this might interest you.

In addition, the quote I got for a new one, color matched to my car was just under $4k plus shipping. That's quite a bit lower than the price I see advertised. It was a limited time price directly from Graeme, but it may still be available.

In the end, I decided against getting one, however, the prices above were much better than I expected to get when I started looking so I thought I would pass the info along if others are still interested. Graeme's email address is graemet@zeintec.com and is also listed on the Zeintec website.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #60

Hi, My name is Alex, I'm assisting Zeintec with some promotional work at the moment and I just wanted to note that if you have any questions about the products you can ask me or you can email info@zeintec.com, we are all happy to assist.

I can also take this chance to let you know that about a competition they are currently running. The prize is a Zeintop 986 or 987, depending on which Porsche you own. The competition ends on the 31st of December 2009. To enter and stand a chance of winning a Zeintop, please visit: www.zeintec.com/competition.php

I'll be around if anyone has any questions about the competition or about the Zeintec products. Feel free to contact me.

Alexandra-B-Drake is offline   Reply With Quote