View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #48
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Like all new inventions for our cars, if one is patient, the price will drop like a rock.

I fully expect this top, if still available in two years, to sell for $1999.

Or, the company will stop making them or they'll be forced out of business for being complete idiots and pricing their product so far out of reach that no one was willing to buy it ... which is where I am today.

Kinda depends on supply and demand. This is an outfit from South Africa. Who knows how big they are or what their capabilities are. Maybe they can only manufacture a couple tops per month because it's a small operation. If the demand is for 50 tops per year, then the price will stay high because the demand is strong enough that they can ask that high price. You're assuming they could even keep up with production if they dropped their price to $2K and got flooded with orders. If it's a small operation not interested in growing, then we may never see the price drop. Do you think the price of any Gemballa or Ruf stuff will drop? Nope, they sell at a high price and you either want it or not. If you don't, then move along because there's another guy in line behind you with money in hand who wants their product...

I'm with SinnerDC2, I'd keep my eyes open down the road for someone who buys and then doesn't want it. Maybe you could get a deal then, but you'd better be that first guy in line with money in your hand.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote