View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #45
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
No! Don't leave Convertible Land! It loves you!!
It may love me, but I don't love it as much any more. The top assembly on older boxsters can cause as many headaches and cost just as much as major engine or suspension work.

If I lived where you live, it would be mandatory. Your weather in SD demands a rag top!

However, I live in what we affectionately call, "Sauna City, USA". Our humidity levels exceed 85% for nearly eight months out of the year. And it rains here all the time, making it 100% humidity. Throw in the unbearable heat one endures with the top down in the summer when it's not raining, and you own a car you can't really enjoy more than about three or four weeks out of the year.

So, weighing the repairs/hassles of a rag top with actual days of use, it becomes a silly contest of will to keep a boxster when one could upgrade to a cayman s and get a hard top, more structural rigidity, styling that is superior to the 911 (IMO) and a much larger engine (2.5 -> 3.4).

and now, we return to the unbearable discussion of the ghastly expensive of the Zeintech top...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote