Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
cartagena

Unhappy I smashed her up.

I am not going to explain how this happened but my car now has a wrecked front bumper and there is large hole in my garage where there was once a wall made of cement blocks.

Surprisingly only the bumper is bent. I am thinking I can bend it back if I take it off. It will also have to be painted.

Does anyone know how to remove a front bumper on a 2006?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #2

Did you do one of these numbers?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Dude get the bumper fixed! I don't think those chicks will take photos with a Boxster that has a banged up bumper.

A new bumper shouldn't cost too much, $500-650(USD) considering it's not an option.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
I am not going to explain how this happened but my car now has a wrecked front bumper and there is large hole in my garage where there was once a wall made of cement blocks.

Surprisingly only the bumper is bent. I am thinking I can bend it back if I take it off. It will also have to be painted.

Does anyone know how to remove a front bumper on a 2006?

Don't feel too bad. I backed my brand-new Mercedes ML320 into my CLOSED garage door. $1500 damage to the car and $800 for the garage door.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
blkboxster

same her i drove into my house in my new cayenne, $5,000 wroth of damages and my cars been gone for 2 months because they cant find a DAMN PART :troll:

Old 08-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #6

Were you guys drunk?!

"It is better to enter a corner slow, and come out fast, than to enter a corner fast, and come out dead." - Sir Stirling Moss
Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #7
blkboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RAD
Were you guys drunk?!
Lol, i wasnt, i forgot Drive meant forward

Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
Lol, i wasnt, i forgot Drive meant forward

i almost went into a wall yesterday because i thought i was in drive :S

god bless quick reflexes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
sorry about your car man.

you guys need a manual car... none of that P D N and whatever else they put on automatic cars

funny, my dad drove his car into our house, he said he was staring at my car hahaha. whole right side of his car is messed up, and he took out the gate that was attached to the side of the house that we later took off alltogether.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 08-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #10

I once pulled up to a gas pump (not in the Boxster), opened the door and realized I was a little too far forward, so I put it in reverse and realized quickly, in a battle between an open door and a 4 inch, cement filled, steel pole... the pole wins every time!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - CA
... the pole wins every time!
Yes...yes, it does. Unfortunately.

"It is better to enter a corner slow, and come out fast, than to enter a corner fast, and come out dead." - Sir Stirling Moss
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #12

HI, WOW small dent in bumper and big hole in cement wall, I knew these cars were made solid but this is incredible.

Good luck on the repair
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #13
cartagena

The Accident.

Ok here is what happened. I know I will get the ****************ty driver of the month award for this, but well, **************** happens.

I drive it into the garage. I am very tired. It is about 1:00am.

I *think* it is in park while I am putting up the top and the windows.

I take my foot off the break and it starts to roll forward.

I go to step on the break hard before it hits the wall.

I am wearing sandals and it slips off, and I hit both the break and the gas at the same time. I obviously step on the gas more than the break.

Car, zoom zoom, makes nice engine noise as it accelerates, and SMASH, into the wall.

I swear...a lot.......and then swear some more.....and then say things like NO!!!!!! $&$(@ NO!!!! @#!@#! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! @#$&%^!!!

I get out to discover the wall is completely smashed where the impact was. Front bumper is bent, but overall it is not that bad.

Regardless, I am pissed. This car cost $100,000 where I live.

Photos coming!

So again, does anyone know how to remove the bumper?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #14

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Well that sucks, atleast its only the bumper and not the fenders hood and headlights.

I never driven into anything but if the people who drive into my car told me how it happened, it would go something like this...

~~I totally had alot of MGD's that nite, anyway i trying to park my F150 infront of some douche bags porch and i totally jacked up his bumper with my tow-hitch like 5 times in a row before i noticed i was hitting it. I broke the **************** outta there!~~

~~I was getting out of my H2 Hummer at the movies and i parked next to a porsche since i think my H2 is on the same level as that Porsche, Since i dont give a **************** about anyone elses property, I Opened my door and dented the **************** outta his car, Not my fault since the parking spaces are too small for my big H2 hummer even though there was a painted sign that says "Compact Only". Maybe next time ill stop watching "Finding Nemo" on the TV screens i had installed on my visors and watch where i park.... Aw **************** that, Finding Nemo is a good movie!~~~

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #15

The attachment shows part of the "bumper" section in the 987 PET. It will at least identify the parts involved and how they go together. If you think it might be helpful, I can email the full PET pdf (it's about 5MB) to an email address so you can see the rest of the parts listing.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #16
cartagena

Thanks! That is probably all I will need. My real concern is where the airbag sensor is. If I accidentally ejected the airbags while removing the bumper it would go from suck to double-suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
The attachment shows part of the "bumper" section in the 987 PET. It will at least identify the parts involved and how they go together. If you think it might be helpful, I can email the full PET pdf (it's about 5MB) to an email address so you can see the rest of the parts listing.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #17
cartagena

Here is the wall.....

Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #18
cartagena

And here is the car.

I guess I will have to go to driving school.....

Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #19

There are no airbag sensors in that area. An airbag sensor is generally an accelerometer which responds to rapid deceleration and sends a signal to fire the airbag and is part of the airbag unit.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #20
cartagena

I did not know that. Have you seen this video? http://youtube.com/watch?v=BAwoZMc7JnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
There are no airbag sensors in that area. An airbag sensor is generally an accelerometer which responds to rapid deceleration and sends a signal to fire the airbag and is part of the airbag unit.

Closed Thread