Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #21

Mr.Roberts-

Why would I answer a question that you have not checked out for yourself. It would be illogical for me to answer your question, without you looking for yourself.

You seemed to be well versed on the in's and out's of the forums.

I thought your boxster surfing would of brought you to the illustrous PPBB.

You are still right on Porsche986.

***Sorry for not telling you my name, I did not know it was a requirement.***

Scott

mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #22

Quote:
same can be said for pictures brad...
Good point. I'll change it. At least she isnt nekkid..

I like the layout of this forum. JT used a good system that is semi plug and play. Luckily it has a style sheet so you can change the look/colors of the forum in about 30 minutes. It has a pretty nice admin area for managing everything behind the scenes. He has left it mostly "stock" appearing. The front page is generated ..feels a little cluttered (I dont feel we need all the information it is spewing) but again.. it is the generic layout that the code writers released. Kinda feels like Yahoo's front page.. too much information. Semi overwhelming.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #23

I know of the PPBB, but I dont know of it's history or the way it is managed/ran. Normally people start a BB because they dislike something about some other board/forum. Typically these boards are started by a renegade leader in some form or fashion that bucks the system. IF that leader has a decent following his board will grow and the other boards will die a slow death. Boards live or die based on the people and the leaders.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:05 AM   #24
porsche986

yep i agree, i also like the layout of this new colour
Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #25
JT
Administrator and Founder

I dont have an issue running the site. It's actually self running and I have a bunch of automated jobs for the maintenance of the site. My problem is that its costing me 180.00 for hosting. I dont have any advertisers on this site like I do on others.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #26
porsche986

i run a few sites from my apache server it costs me nothing at all
Old 09-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #27

>>180.00 for hosting<<
Are you talking MONTHLY? - seems like you should be in the $40-$60 range. OK, I don't really know the requirements (like how much DASD) but the bandwidth doesn't seem out of range for a business site.

What do you get for your $180?
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #28

JT,

Let me know.. I can slap it on a twin proc Xeon box with 2 gigs of ram and over 200 gigs of available space (for free.) We have no bandwith restriction and the pipe going into the cage space is rather large. Right now the Xeon box is up and running with nothing on it. I know this setup doesnt require much computing power, but the database of pages will continue to grow as well as the need for picture space as people upload more pics over time. I specialized in Colo buildouts for redundency and fail over. The space/bandwith we have is with a well funded money making company out of San Fran. The colo facility itself houses Wells Fargo and several other large SF banks... the colo isnt going anywhere.

B
Old 09-13-2004, 07:03 PM   #29

jt i am new to this sight although it has been more than helpful for me if money is an issue then i can donate a few to keep you going.im damn sure i have saved it reading here on my boxster thank you chris
TO2IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
well, the board is self running to an extent -- of course, that story on the front page -- i CANT WAIT for the new carrera to appear in Europe in july. And what do you guys think about that Boxster pic? Real or no? I guess we can go to Porsche.com to find out.

(a little ribbing.... dont kick me off. PPBB scares me -- TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 09-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #31
Forum Contributor

You guys... this forum will need to change its name to 987forum.com soon
sTTevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #32

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Yes! i won 986forum.com on a buyitnow auction on eBay!

Best $22.95 I ever spent, but do you think $99,977.05 too much for shipping???

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Yes! i won 986forum.com on a buyitnow auction on eBay!

Best $22.95 I ever spent, but do you think $99,977.05 too much for shipping???
Wow, was this really put on as an ebay auction? (or did i just a miss a casual joke?)

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #34

Jorge ultimately did put the forum on ebay for something like 2 cents, but it did not sell back then.

Whatever happened to Alienz?
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #35

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudanova
Wow, was this really put on as an ebay auction? (or did i just a miss a casual joke?)
Joke and coinsedence about the eBay thing

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote