Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM   #1

lips and skirts

hey thinkin about these add ons to my 97 boxster in red. about a grand for parts and i would imagine about another grand for paint and install. what do you think?

aeh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeh123
hey thinkin about these add ons to my 97 boxster in red. about a grand for parts and i would imagine about another grand for paint and install. what do you think?
I like the skirts on the Black boxster. Are those the Zender skirts? How much are those things going for?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
boggtown

Save your money for OEM stuff. Ive got the skirts, and while they are nice, they just dont fit perfect.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
The first picture of the black Boxster is of the knock-off Zender skirts sold on eBay,they are $400/set New Fiberglass.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 AM   #5

man, what with the title of this post, i wasn't sure if this was gonna be safe for work...

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #6

thanks for the heads up on the skirts. just want to freshen the look without cheapening the car. appreciate the help
aeh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #7

The zender style skirts on the top pic are from a Houston area eBay seller and they are not good quality. Travis (forum member) has them and does not like them. I also saw them off the car and didn't like them.

However, budget skirts that look good are available. I bought and installed skirts from www.gtmotorsport.net and they're great. Just remember that the 1/2 inch tape they supply you with is not wide enough and you should buy the 3/4 or 1 inch 3M tape to get them on your car solid.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
The zender style skirts on the top pic are from a Houston area eBay seller and they are not good quality. Travis (forum member) has them and does not like them. I also saw them off the car and didn't like them.

However, budget skirts that look good are available. I bought and installed skirts from www.gtmotorsport.net and they're great. Just remember that the 1/2 inch tape they supply you with is not wide enough and you should buy the 3/4 or 1 inch 3M tape to get them on your car solid.
It also helps if you use screws on both ends of the skirts. I did not need any wider tape for mine. Most people don't provide the screws. I used the ones from the mud guards with some washers.

Those skirts on the red image that you have posted use FAKE side intakes. What is the point? They don't cool the rear brakes and they just look silly next to the factory vents. 2 vents next to each other on both sides. To much! Remember, "Less is More."
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #9

Screws help on the wheel wells, but the wider tape is to keep the skirt adhered to the convex curvature of the car's body, which is not mirrored on these skirts. You must flex the fiberglass in place just below the door handle area of the car and push it in about 3/4 of an inch to make contact with the car's body.

I had to remove one side and clean it up, then re-apply it with thicker tape to get it to fully adhere to the side of the car and hold. Now the other side is pulling away and I must do it as well.

I just wanted to give anyone buying the gtmotorsport.net skirts a heads up on this issue.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #10

Hi. I e-mailed the idiot that sales those side skirts on eBay 3 times and they never replied , screw them, pictures taken next to a garbage bin in the back yard to show their skirts??????????????????????????????????? And that picture of the skirts on the black Boxster, seen it on a Boxster at an on line event, not his crappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp JMHO
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #11

I currently have those skirts on my Box right now. It did not fit perfect but with the shop was able to adjust it and fit it for me. Looks good though...

I believe I have those pics posted up a while back.

rctboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote