Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #41

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
I made the actual stop as uneventful as I could. I just hope the cop doesn't feel like he needs to clamp down hard on this because it of the porsche-factor or whatever speed he thought I was really going (he gave me that whole 'I'm gonna be nice and only make it for 90' line).....
actually, 'chips' did make nice and only make it 90. i remember reading somewhere that in california if you're caught doing over 90 you could be cited w/ driving w/ the intent to kill.

i'll admit, everytime i get in the 986, i'm frequently pushing > 100. when i do that, i do it by myself. if i've got space between traffic clusters, i capitalize. if i get a ticket, i'm due.

one other thing i heard is there are helicopters out there working to determine your speed. maybe the copter flagged you before and 'chips' caught you after. only way to really know about this is if somebody's got bud in highway patrol.

pca member
Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Oh, one last point.

Well, you see there was this pedophile who had raped and murdered a young child.

He frequented a Porche forum and he posted, stated that he DID commit the crime but he was pretty sure the cops did not do his arrest in just the pefect/legal way.

He was asking the readers of the forum for some help in how to beat this rap. After all, his RIGHTS maybe had been violated and he thought the readers of the forum would all gather around and help him fight the good fight.

Well, .................................................?

The crimes are truly unequal so the comparison is moot. Of the same officers who wrote citations that day, some went home at warp nine with a few belts in them to boot. It's the unspoken job perk known as the brass pass. The best move is to either hire a lawyer or go to court, be very polite and don't lie. Chances are good it may be slightly reduced, especially if your record shows no chronic behavior.

Last edited by B&TRepair; 03-19-2007 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #43

Due Process....

Due Process is Due Process. Regardless of what David was doing was right or wrong, if he wants to go to Court to fight the ticket, he is certainly entitled to do so. That is his constitutional right, especially given the fact that traffic is considered to be a "quasi-criminal" matter. David has the right to present his case and let the Judge decide whether the government has satisfied its burden of proof and if David has any cognizable defenses under the law.

You should trust that the Court will be fair and impartial and will rule fairly and justly. Judges had judicial canons and ethics to abide by and you should trust in the system.

Maybe I'm biased based on what I do, but above all else - - DO NOT PERJURE YOURSELF.
USA

:troll:
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #44

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisonwu
Due Process is Due Process. Regardless of what David was doing was right or wrong, if he wants to go to Court to fight the ticket, he is certainly entitled to do so. That is his constitutional right, especially given the fact that traffic is considered to be a "quasi-criminal" matter. David has the right to present his case and let the Judge decide whether the government has satisfied its burden of proof and if David has any cognizable defenses under the law.

You should trust that the Court will be fair and impartial and will rule fairly and justly. Judges had judicial canons and ethics to abide by and you should trust in the system.

Maybe I'm biased based on what I do, but above all else - - DO NOT PERJURE YOURSELF.

No one said he did not have a legal right to challenge his ticket. Some of us suggested that he not avail himself of that right.

And now, I am shutting this down!

Thanks to all who participated.

Closed Thread