Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #21

I used 303 protectant with a terry cloth. Add a little elbow grease and it comes out great!

Viper10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #22

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster View Post
Hi,

Black Again used to be the product for refreshing black vinyl trim. It was the best thing out there. Then, the Co. closed it's doors and the availability slowly dried up.

But, another Co. has just starting making it again based on the original formula. I haven't tried the new stuff yet, but if it's half as good as the old formulation, it's still the best around. See it at: BLACK AGAIN - Makes Rubber and vinyl look new! Black Again is a rich 3-in-1 polymer formula that is unmatched in the industry in its ability to clean, Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Black again works like magic!
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #23
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Forever Black worked wonders on the wiper tray on my '04.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #24

Garage
Wipe New... It works. I applied it to the plastic piece below the windshield a few months ago and it still looks great.

I have no experience with their headlight product but their other products definitely work.

Wipe New® Official Site

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Wipe New... It works. I applied it to the plastic piece below the windshield a few months ago and it still looks great.

Wipe New® Official Site
To revive an old thread..

I would agree with this statement. I found some of this Wipe New that I bought probably close to a year ago and had totally forgotten about. (Don't even remember where I bought it!) Anyway, I was cleaning up the car generally---wash/clay/polish/seal, restoring the protectant on the top, vacuuming, etc, so I decided this might be a good time to try this stuff.

The wiper cowl was the area I was really interested in sprucing up---it's supposed to be black, but it had gotten gray, almost chalky-looking. So I removed the wiper arms and cleaned it up. While I was at it, I cleaned up the triangular area at the base of the side view mirrors, and also removed/cleaned the rear wheel well flaps and the bumperettes. Once they were completely dry I gloved up, grabbed the small (supplied) microfiber towel, shook the bottle and applied some to the towel. It wipes on easily and smoothly and immediately looked great, on each of the locations mentioned.

So I'm pretty happy with it. (I would have posted pics, except I didn't do a "Before." and the "Afters" don't quite do it justice).

I guess my question for Jag is (now that 3 years have gone by): How long did it last? I guess another question might be this: They say in the instructions that it's good for use on many surfaces, including vinyl. Has anyone tried it on the vinyl back window?

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote