Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #1

1997 - 2004 Boxster hardtop for sale

Came off of my Metallic Black 1999 Boxster so it will fit 1997 - 2004 986 Boxster.
Well cared for and used only during cold months; never seen snow. Stored on its stand and under a cover. Comes with hardtop cover, protective fleece-like liner to protect soft top plastic while stowed, and hard top stand.

The seals, and paint are in excellent shape.

The color is metallic black so it will go with just about every color Boxster that came with a black soft top. Hardtops come with a plug for a defroster on the rear glass window. If you drive your car in cold weather, a hardtop is nice.

The hardtop quiets the cabin down and gives the Boxster a new look. Plus, if you use the Boxster in rainy weather, you might as well have a hard top installed to keep the soft top dry. The stand is very convenient because it stores the hardtop upright making it easy to put in a “corner” of your garage or basement.

You will need the spin locks kit which will cost you around $100 or so depending on where you buy it. I had the spin locks installed on the 1999 Boxster which has since been sold.

I’m looking to sell as local pickup in Southern NH or buyer can arrange shipping. I can easily store it in my garage as it does not take much room due to the awesome stand so if you need a place to hold it until you can pick it up, that's not a problem.

$450

Dennis in NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:51 PM   #2

Sent a PM'd
achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #3

I'll take it... I am in Maine and can pick it up this coming week. Please let me know. Thanks
singlecross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in NH View Post
Came off of my Metallic Black 1999 Boxster so it will fit 1997 - 2004 986 Boxster.
Well cared for and used only during cold months; never seen snow. Stored on its stand and under a cover. Comes with hardtop cover, protective fleece-like liner to protect soft top plastic while stowed, and hard top stand.

The seals, and paint are in excellent shape.

The color is metallic black so it will go with just about every color Boxster that came with a black soft top. Hardtops come with a plug for a defroster on the rear glass window. If you drive your car in cold weather, a hardtop is nice.

The hardtop quiets the cabin down and gives the Boxster a new look. Plus, if you use the Boxster in rainy weather, you might as well have a hard top installed to keep the soft top dry. The stand is very convenient because it stores the hardtop upright making it easy to put in a “corner” of your garage or basement.

You will need the spin locks kit which will cost you around $100 or so depending on where you buy it. I had the spin locks installed on the 1999 Boxster which has since been sold.

I’m looking to sell as local pickup in Southern NH or buyer can arrange shipping. I can easily store it in my garage as it does not take much room due to the awesome stand so if you need a place to hold it until you can pick it up, that's not a problem.

$450

Long shot, but I'll take it
Old 12-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #5

Awesome price! Merry Christmas!!
Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

That"s a steal.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:34 AM   #7

Garage
Awesome price, good luck with the sale!
cornontherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:33 AM   #8

Bob in NH

Hey let me know if the deal don't fly! I'm in NH and would love a Hard Top!
BobzapS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #9

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.

It's really good to see a bunch of 986 enthusiasts around here.

A sale is currently pending.

Thanks again,
Dennis
Old 12-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #10

Thats a great deal! those are usually @$750-1K easily!
rattlsnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:56 AM   #11

I saw this posting on Christmas before anyone had responded. If I didn't already have a hard top I probably would have got in touch with Dennis to buy it and drove up from New Jersey to NH yesterday to get it. It even included the center latch cover, which these days will likely cost another $40 at least! Nice job Dennis, you deserve some good karma back!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #12

Yes, I am excited to go pick it up from Dennis on New Years Day. I've ordered the Spinlocks and hope they arrive in time to install so I can drive my Boxster to pick it up. Seems the safest way to transport a hardtop will be on the Boxster. If not, it will be relegated to the back of my truck wrapped in blankets.
singlecross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #13
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
I saw this posting on Christmas before anyone had responded. If I didn't already have a hard top I probably would have got in touch with Dennis to buy it and drove up from New Jersey to NH yesterday to get it. It even included the center latch cover, which these days will likely cost another $40 at least! Nice job Dennis, you deserve some good karma back!
This was a killer deal, I paid $900 for my hardtop and I still think that was a good deal.

BTW, the latch covers are only $16 if you search by part number. Link
Old 12-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
This was a killer deal, I paid $900 for my hardtop and I still think that was a good deal.

BTW, the latch covers are only $16 if you search by part number. Link
You're right, I forgot where I got my latch cover but I knew I paid a lot less than what I'm seeing them offered for on eBay these days! I paid more for my hard top in matching seal gray 4 years ago and thought it was a good deal, it was on eBay and I got it for less than my maximum bid.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #15

Man I should've asked for more

Seriously, I'm ok with this price and really glad it will go to someone who will really enjoys it as opposed to some dealer or whatever just for pure profit.

I think the amount of help I've gotten from Boxster boards like PPBB and this one more than makes up for the difference of what I could've gotten.

Getting the spin locks installed and ready before you come down will be great. It will also give us a chance to make the minor adjustments (if needed) to get the hardtop on just right. Either way, you'll be able to get some tips first hand on how to install, etc. as I've installed this many times in the past.

Should be fun.

Dennis
Old 12-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #16

I'm assuming this is sold as can be, but PM me if things dont work out. Have been looking for one of these for a while!
hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:22 AM   #17

The top is sold.

Happy New Year.

Dennis
Old 01-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
inveniam viam aut faciam

Bummer, I have been looking for one that color for two years.

Well bought!
Old 01-26-2017, 03:55 AM   #19

Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
Bummer, I have been looking for one that color for two years.

Well bought!
They can be painted. Anything under a grand is a great deal.Mine was originally red, then silver, now black.

95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
986 , black , hardtop , metallic