Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

I need a connector for a power seat

This is a connector for the motors in an 8-way power seat in a 986 or 996. I need the connector plus a few inches of wire to solder to. I would like to buy two if you have them.

The plug goes into this control module that fits under the seat:

Please PM me with price and availability.

Thanks

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #2

I may have one for you since nobody seems interested in buying my pair of seats. I will check and make sure it's the same in the morning
cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:59 AM   #3

Hi Kevin, I don't have one. I've only had one car come in that had the full power seats. Unfortunately the complete car wiring harness and the seats have been sold.
Sorry I can't help.
Thx Woody
Old 07-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #4

Thanks for checking Woody. I have a bunch of wiring and connectors left over from when you helped me with my litronic retrofit project. You would think I could find something that worked in all of that raw material, but no luck.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
Old 07-31-2015, 03:48 PM   #5

Sometimes I think the engineers who designed the Boxster were trying to see how many different kinds of connections they could put on the boxster. I don't think that connection is used elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:30 AM   #6

It would appear that you are correct. I think some of that may be the result of an effort to "mistake proof" the assembly process in the factory. If a connector will only go in one place, it would be hard to hook it up incorrectly.

I noticed that the seat control unit says Recaro on it. It is probably a connector specific to Recaro seats and that may be another reason you don't see it anywhere else in the car.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #7

this is what I did to amke power seats work

Power seat swap 2001 986 - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Community
KeithB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
inveniam viam aut faciam

I believe that I have the car side seat harnesses that I pulled out of some spec Boxsters. Did those have memory as well? If so, did you you get the panel with the switches as well?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #9

I did not get the panel with the switches. I'm not planning to upgrade to the memory function at this time. I'm the only one who drives the car on a regular basis and most of the posts I've seen seem to indicate it is complicated from a wiring perspective.

I just need the connectors if you have them. The three (there may be four in your seat bottom) connectors you see in the left side of the picture:

would be nice plus the main connector that marries up to the car plug. If possible, a little of the wiring at the end of the connector will help me with my soldering. Please send me a PM with the price information.

Thanks,

Last edited by KevinH1990; 08-03-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB1 View Post
Thanks

Here's what I posted in the General Discussions area:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/58080-full-power-seat-installation.html

The YouTube video helps a lot. I think I figured it out, but any tips are appreciated especially from someone who has completed the job. I'm trying to obtain the OEM connectors since I think that would be a more secure installation than what you see in the video.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #11

I just found this in my garage when looking for something else,[edit: I *think*] it came off of a seatbelt receptacle that has some extra parts hanging off the seat plug. From looking at your pictures I can't tell if it is match (or partial match) but if it is and it's useful to you you can have it
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #12

Thanks for asking, but it doesn't look like that will work.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #13
inveniam viam aut faciam

Is this what you need? If so, PM me.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #14

PM sent. The blue and black connector you are holding in the first picture looks like it will work. The connector that is in the middle of the second picture will also have some parts I need.

The other parts are not identical with what I have, but I think I can find some raw material in the rest of the harness that I can work with.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:52 AM   #15

Garage
I might have what you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
PM sent. The blue and black connector you are holding in the first picture looks like it will work. The connector that is in the middle of the second picture will also have some parts I need.

The other parts are not identical with what I have, but I think I can find some raw material in the rest of the harness that I can work with.
Hi-
I've got two 8 way power seat bases in my garage. Left over from a seat swap. All connections, control modules, etc are intact. Shoot me a msg if you're interested.
Phil
Phil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #16

[QUOTE=Qmulus;459910]Is this what you need? If so, PM me. QUOTE]

Are you thinning out a harness for a spec boxster?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:07 AM   #17
inveniam viam aut faciam

[QUOTE=itsnotanova;460738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
Is this what you need? If so, PM me. QUOTE]

Are you thinning out a harness for a spec boxster?
I did eight of them this spring and summer, so I have boxes of harness parts. I know one of my customers has been getting a lot of parts from you this summer. You could probably run a business just providing parts to spec Boxster guys.