Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Smile Boxster supercharger kit WANTED, REMAPPING/Advice fitting

Hello everyone
This is a long shot, but I have been looking for a supercharger kit to buy for the boxster 986 1997 2.5L for over several months now. I am aware of turbowerx, evo motorsport etc and have spoken to alot of people through email at the garages but I have seen them much cheaper on older forums when people were selling them so I am looking for a kit preferable in the UK

I am only really trying to get an extra 30-40 bhp so any alternative to a supercharger kit would be good, I have looked at the stage 2- remap, exhaust, and v-flow induction kit, but if there is a cheaper way then any advice will be great to see what other people have done.

I was also wondering if a 911 supercharger would fit. There are alot of universal turbo kits I have looked into as well but I have been down that route and them universal turbocharger kits are rubbish and 99% of the time when I've used them on previous cars, Bmw E46, E36, etc they have taken alot of work to fit.

Anyway hope someone can help or give any advice/ or if anyone has done this mod then any advice would be great.

Thanks

gaffyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #2

how about swapping in a 3.2 engine from a 986 S car? that should get you the 30 to 40 hp you need. you sound handy so should be able to do the swap yourself, so just looking at the cost of the engine (uncertain what you pay in the uk, but around $5k in north America).

otherwise, tpc did make a supercharger kit but they are discontinued and hard to find (iA - imagine automotive - did a kit also but i'd be surprised if they got any out the door before they went out of business). 996 supercharger kits won't fit (996 kits tend to use vortech-style blowers high up on the engine with the accessories, but no room in a similar location on the boxster; tpc hung an Eaton blower down by the exhaust on their kit). not much of anything available for turbo kits (I don't think turbowerx are doing kits any more, but turbokraft are selling the same kit reworked) except for tpc - their current stuff is more popular with the 987 crowd, however, so you might find more info/used kits over at planet 9.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #3

Garage
I have the iA/ Paxton supercharger to throttle body hose:

Old 02-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
how about swapping in a 3.2 engine from a 986 S car? that should get you the 30 to 40 hp you need. you sound handy so should be able to do the swap yourself, so just looking at the cost of the engine (uncertain what you pay in the uk, but around $5k in north America).

otherwise, tpc did make a supercharger kit but they are discontinued and hard to find (iA - imagine automotive - did a kit also but i'd be surprised if they got any out the door before they went out of business). 996 supercharger kits won't fit (996 kits tend to use vortech-style blowers high up on the engine with the accessories, but no room in a similar location on the boxster; tpc hung an Eaton blower down by the exhaust on their kit). not much of anything available for turbo kits (I don't think turbowerx are doing kits any more, but turbokraft are selling the same kit reworked) except for tpc - their current stuff is more popular with the 987 crowd, however, so you might find more info/used kits over at planet 9.
Okay thanks I'll look into an engine swap I can do the odd fitting here and there but I've never done a swap before and seems like a really big job, and I'll have to change the tranny as well as I currently have a 5 speed, will there need to be any more changes and will Ecu need to be mapped with the 3.2 file?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
I have the iA/ Paxton supercharger to throttle body hose:

Thanks but was looking for like a full kit as if I buy bits and bobs here and there it might not all fit correctly

Tags
buy , kit , remap , supercharger , turbo