Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #1

Custom Sub w/ Kenwood Exelon drivers for 987

Hi,

I am selling a custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosure with drivers that I had made for my Porsche Boxster 987. The subwoofer fits on the engine housing deck in the same manner as the factory Bose subwoofer. The enclosure is modeled somewhat similar to the Bose enclosure. The enclosure is sealed with two Kenwood Excelon 8" shallow mount subwoofer drivers firing down into the rear deck. The drivers are angled slightly to fire forward and the enclosure is such that the sound fires through the front bottom of the enclosure into the passenger cabin. The sound is incredible, nice tight base and significantly better than the Bose system that it replaced. The enclosure is easily removed with the two factory "nuts" used by the Bose enclosure, the convertible roof folds properly without any impact from the enclosure. Also note, the carpet is easy to remove if you have a different color interior and the "tail" of the carpet intentionally over hangs the enclosure and is loose so while it looks uneven in photo, it is even and fits correctly in the car.

The enclosure with drivers originally cost me around $2k, the shop told me once completed that they would likely charge closer to $3k because of all of the time the spend on it. I am asking around $1k for it.

I live in Chicago so would be willing to meet somewhere close or I can ship it.

Thank you,
Shawn

Shawn7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #2

Looks clean! Good luck with the sale.

ルーカス is offline   Reply With Quote