Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
BoxedIn

FOR SALE 987 6 speed transmission only 42023 miles

Hello,

I'm selling a perfectly working condition 42023 miles only transmission. It's out of a 2005+ Porsche Boxster S.

Best offer!

Greg 615 500 0578

Attached Images

Last edited by Boxeer; 02-19-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: mistake in title
Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
BoxedIn

nobody really?

Shoot me an offer!

615 500 0578
Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #3

Garage
Location and price.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
BoxedIn

Nashville TN,

Price ?? I don't know what it is worth but would like to have a reasonable offer.

I can put that on a little pallet and ship it for 150USD pretty much anywhere in the USA.

Greg
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #5

How do you know?

dec2 boxeer
I got informed by a relative that a Porsche Boxster S 2005 with 40k miles with broken engine was available for 16k but is now 13k.

feb19 boxeer
I'm selling a perfectly working condition 42023 miles only transmission. It's out of a 2005+ Porsche Boxster S.

So you bought a car with a broken engine and you want to sell the transmission that you say works perfectly. How do you KNOW? To quote thstone:
"The risk of buying a car without a working engine is that you have no way to verify if the other systems in the car are in good working condition (suspension, transmission, drivetrain, all electrical components, cooling, etc…)"

Serious question.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre shags View Post
dec2 boxeer
I got informed by a relative that a Porsche Boxster S 2005 with 40k miles with broken engine was available for 16k but is now 13k.

feb19 boxeer

So you bought a car with a broken engine and you want to sell the transmission that you say works perfectly. How do you KNOW? To quote thstone:
"The risk of buying a car without a working engine is that you have no way to verify if the other systems in the car are in good working condition (suspension, transmission, drivetrain, all electrical components, cooling, etc…)"

Serious question.
He had an IMS failure and is parting out his car. Read the other threads before you go accusing someone of selling bad parts.

Good luck Boxeer
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #7

I did read the threads, thanks, that is how I know he didi't have IMS, he bought it that way. So How does he know the trans is okay?

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
BoxedIn

The gearbox is in very good condition. I will take it back if you don't like it once it's mounted. It's stock transmission with 42k.

Greg

Last edited by Boxeer; 02-29-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
He had an IMS failure and is parting out his car. Read the other threads before you go accusing someone of selling bad parts.

Good luck Boxeer
Actually, you should read the last two pages of his post. He purchased the car non-working and has never driven the transmission. Another fraud by this poster. Ban him.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #10

My offer is $500.

You said: "The gearbox is in very good condition. I will take it back if you don't like it once it's mounted. It's stock transmission with 42k."

My offer is $500.
Who holds the money?
Who do you want to verify if it works after being mounted?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
Matt

I'll hold the money for you Pierre. Get an agreement on who pays the shipping back if the transmission doesn't work and has to be shipped. If it doesn't work out, or it does and you keep it, I'll send it to the proper person. Or, have a neutral attorney hold it.