Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #21

Sir Tools Porsche Kit for Rear Wheel and Front Wheel Drive - For most models with a singular Solid Roller Wheel Bearing (S.R.W.B.) and Independent Rear Suspension (I.R.S.). Designed to extract and/or install hubs. Built in self-centering mechanism and incorporates a roller thrust bearing.
Special kit designed for 911, 912, 914, 924, 928, 944, 968 and Boxster models with S.R.W.B. and I.R.S. Excluding the Hubs of 914's. 356 models, see tool 242-A.
NOTE: To extract the Hub w/o using a slide hammer on Porsche models (excluding 356 or 914) part#'s B 90-3 along with B 90-3J are needed.

advancescash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha055
Sold

I don't know what world do you guys live in, but from my experience(I had to buy all the tools including screwdrivers) used tools that are not outdated or broken.. always go for more then 50% of their price. Even if we go with 50% price..

This set is 320$ online (SIR or pelican parts) even more if you count shipping.
I asked 200$ SHIPPED for it, shipping is 25-30$ plus Paypal takes another 10 out of it.. so in the end I'm getting 160-170$ for it.. How the F did it turn out with me ripping of fellow forum members?

JFP I have a great deal of respect for you, your posts greatly helped me with my AOS and bearing replacements.. but why did you jump at me? what did I do to you?
From time to time it's ok to acknowledge that "I didn't read the post.. just saw the title and decided to post OVERPRICED!"

Thanks
Sasha

First, let’s get something straight, I did not “jump in anyone’s face”. You posted a “for sale” thread, and were bumping it to get it back up, usually a sign that there had not been a large level of interest. I merely suggested that in my opinion, based upon years of buying and selling used shop equipment, that asking $200 for something that, according to your posts, sold new for $320; I felt $160 or so should be more like it, and suggested your $200 price was a bit high, particularly as the tooling had already passed thru multiple hands. How this got misconstrued into a personal attack is beyond me.

Just to bring closure to this, I have received quite a few emails concerning this thread, several of which appear to agree with my assessment of the value of this tool. That said, if you got your asking price, more power to you………..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
First, let’s get something straight, I did not “jump in anyone’s face”........

JFP, i think you DID jump in his face. your initial assertion was that a new one could be had for the same price. your argument quickly fell apart, and you started moving the goal posts. when it came time for you to 'put up or shut up', you posted a link that confirmed the OP's assertion. you jumped into someone else's post, started an argument that you LOST, and then now, you somehow try to claim victory by citing 'private emails'. heck, you could be president.

the bottom line is that an article is 'worth' that which someone is willing to pay for it. by this premise, the OP was totally vindicated & the item was proven to be 'worth' the $200 asking price.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #24

You entitled to your opinion, but I just went back and re-read the entire thread, and respectfully disagree, particularly that I was trying to start an argument, or “get in anyone’s face”.

As you seem to see things from a “zero sum” perspective, tell you what, in the future, I’ll go out of my way to try and keep any helpful thoughts to myself………

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #25

Garage
Before you guys start launching ICBM's at each other, the statement "an article is 'worth' that which someone is willing to pay for it" is true, because I'm the one that bought it. :dance:

I would have paid more but hell I got it for $200 shipped! It's a bearing puller made out of hardened steel, this thing will not "wear out". Yea it might have some scuffs and scratches on it but it's a TOOL. The value dropping by 50% because it's used just like a new car being driven off the lot is BS. Quality tools hold their value...period! The only way they wouldn't is if they're broke or can't perform for the porpose for which they were made.

When I get done changing the bearings in my car (and I'm going to take my time), I'll be right back on here selling it to the next 986forum member. Selling it to someone that's looking the save a few hundred bucks by doing the job themselves and not having to buy a new puller that will only be used one time.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 03-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #26

I'm not scared

Man! For a bunch of wealthy Porche owners, you all are a bit uptight...but I don't mean to offend, so don't lay into me because I can't spell or something like that.

Jaxonalden, when you are done with it, I would be interested in getting it from you if I don't have one allready.

Prost
Seal Gray S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 AM   #27

A) Just to set the record straight here, we're not ALL "wealthy Porsche owners", and

B) Nobody here really gets all that "uptight", at least not very often. We'll hurl crap in each other's direction from time to time, but rarely do people get that worked up (other than perhaps temporarily). Those who do typically don't stick around all that long.

Opinions get expressed, and (naturally) opinions differ. No big deal...

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote