View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha055
Sold

I don't know what world do you guys live in, but from my experience(I had to buy all the tools including screwdrivers) used tools that are not outdated or broken.. always go for more then 50% of their price. Even if we go with 50% price..

This set is 320$ online (SIR or pelican parts) even more if you count shipping.
I asked 200$ SHIPPED for it, shipping is 25-30$ plus Paypal takes another 10 out of it.. so in the end I'm getting 160-170$ for it.. How the F did it turn out with me ripping of fellow forum members?

JFP I have a great deal of respect for you, your posts greatly helped me with my AOS and bearing replacements.. but why did you jump at me? what did I do to you?
From time to time it's ok to acknowledge that "I didn't read the post.. just saw the title and decided to post OVERPRICED!"

Thanks
Sasha

First, let’s get something straight, I did not “jump in anyone’s face”. You posted a “for sale” thread, and were bumping it to get it back up, usually a sign that there had not been a large level of interest. I merely suggested that in my opinion, based upon years of buying and selling used shop equipment, that asking $200 for something that, according to your posts, sold new for $320; I felt $160 or so should be more like it, and suggested your $200 price was a bit high, particularly as the tooling had already passed thru multiple hands. How this got misconstrued into a personal attack is beyond me.

Just to bring closure to this, I have received quite a few emails concerning this thread, several of which appear to agree with my assessment of the value of this tool. That said, if you got your asking price, more power to you………..