View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #15
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
nope - car didn't move once in 2019 - spent all my time trying to keep the triumph running. do have all the components assembled (except the solid inner lca bushings - finding it difficult to pay ira $150 x4) so wanting to get it assembled this spring. will most likely stay w factory spec however.

there is an interesting thread on rennlist about a guy who bought a 996 track car and was experiencing front rub; turns out the car had so many shims in the lcas that the wheels were about an inch forward in the wheel well. he corrected the caster and noted a reduction in steering 'sharpness' as a result. if interested i can search it out for you and you might be able to pm him directly.
I'm interested. I'm maxed-out on shims and still can't hit -3d, and I'm experiencing the described issue, with the wheel so far forward. (Adding camber plates this winter, to alleviate that a little)
Whose thrust arms are you using?

I REALLY want to use pcarferher's (member here) ever since he teased me with an image of something he isn't ready you sell me yet, hahaha. He says he's not close (too busy making his LCA's and camber plates) , so I'll probably need to go another way.
Would love your opinion or advice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote