View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMann View Post
Work was professionally done, and the current pictures don't show any signs of damage. No photos of the original damage, no body shop bill. I asked.
Red flag #1. No way to know if the work was really professionally done.

Quote:
I have no reason to doubt my Seller,
Red flag #2. Always doubt the seller. Unless its in writing (or can otherwise be confirmed), you have to assume it's not true.

We all want to believe in our fellow man, but a lot of people have no problem lying to your face when selling a car.

I spent over $2,000 on unplanned repairs on my Boxster when I bought it with a blown engine. The seller assured me that there was NOTHING else wrong with the car except the engine. Nothing. He was emphatic, sincere, and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. And he was a liar. Unless you have a lot of spare cash laying around with no where to go, don't be me.

Quote:
So how much less? On an '03 I would figure there should be roughly a $2,000 difference. Sound about right, assuming the above facts?
I'd say 15%-25% less. That might sound harsh but the buyer is taking all of the risk.

And speaking of risk, a mandatory PPI would include an inspection by a body shop to confirm that the repair was done properly and that the chassis is in alignment.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote