View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishManDan View Post
Hi All,

I took my Boxster into the local auto alarm shop to have remote start installed, and they told me that for my specific Boxster (2010), it is not possible to get remote start installed because of the ignition system.

Can anyone confirm if they have successfully installed remote start on their Boxster?

Thanks.
Hi Dan. welcome to the forum.
this is a 986 forum (Boxsters from 97 to2004), but I’ll try to help you out.
i never installed a remote start on a 987 or a 986 , but I’m familiar with the electrical system of the 986, and as far as i know the 987 is not much different. The two challenges you will have to face in installing a remote start (in any car), is overriding the original immobilizer, and make sure you disarm the alarm system, or the car will beep when you start it.
usually, this could be achieved, by using what is called "Data Module"
this is one of the leading brands:
https://www.amazon.com/Crimestopper-PASSLOCK-SL2-Passlock-Bypass-module/dp/B000VUGZ2G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513011736&sr=8-2&keywords=data+module+bypass
I checked few brands that I work with for you, but the only Porsche listed, is the Porsche Cayenne.
That means, that you will need to take the RFID pill out of one of your keys, and mount it next to the ignition key switch.
To override the alarm system, the installer will need to use a resistor on the unlocking command from the remote start module.
My installation manager sent me the attached PDF, that includes all the wiring information the installer will need for your car.
A good installer should be able to follow these steps with no issue.
You might also be able to find more information on, planet9 or renntech.org
Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2010boxter.pdf (145.8 KB, 199 views)
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote