View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #11
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_J_brown View Post
78F350 I've done a lot of this already, the car has come a long way. I have not checked the drains which I will do this weekend. I've done the brakes and just put new tires on it this past Saturday. I was planning on replacing the entire coolant tank as I'm not sure exactly where the leak is. I was able to get a camera under the unit and did see some buidup on the bottom. This is where I am assuming the leak is.
Good stuff. Sounds like you are on track to keep it.
For the coolant tank, as with most parts 'Porsche brand' is the best one to get. The Only alternative that I'd trust is this one: Coolant Expansion Tank 99610614708Y - OE Supplier - 996-106-147-08-Y | Pelican Parts
There are a couple good DIYs that I referenced recently when I did the one in my beater/project car:
Another coolant tank replacement DIY
DIY Coolant Tank Replacement in Under 2 Hours

Also possible the coolant cap or the O-ring on the pressure valve could be the leak. If the tank is original and suspect, might as well replace it though.