View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #6
Gelbster

Check the Tire Rack Spider Chart ?
The Conti DW is a good compromise.If your priority is Handling , they show some much better alternatives YEMV
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/spiderChart.jsp?ttid=120
I agree with your choice because I want the best Wet-Stopping rating and the Conti DW is by far the best of those reviewed including Mich PS2.Why wet stopping ? Because in my driving conditions, that is the most likely time to have an accident.
You'll always find single use anecdotes that may involve old tires(tread depth not withstanding) or no documentation. In most cases , Tire Rack testing seems a more credible source than individual opinions. Yemv

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Just thought I'd share for those out there thinking about new tires. I've been considering tires for my 01S for a while. I put Continental Extreme Contact DW's on my daily (Volvo 850 turbo with suspension mods) and was pleased, so after some price comparisons and reading, I went with the new generation of this tire, the Extreme Contact Sport, for my Boxster.

75 miles into ownership, I am impressed. Great levels of grip, very communicative, and not too loud. Haven't pushed them to their limit, but all the initial signs point to them being a good choice at about 2/3rds the cost of the new Michelin Pilots.

Last edited by Gelbster; 04-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote