View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
ray_pilot

Minteanace question

Hello All,
Am a brand new owner - just picked it up two days ago. First thing I wanted to do was an oil change. Not very difficult. Youtube had some great help on that. My question and possible concern is that I believe I was supposed to change the 'crush washer' on the oil pan bolt. There was no washer on the bolt when i took it off and when I tried to buy a crush washer, they could bot find out what it even was. So I put the drain plug back in with no washer at all.
Is that an issue or not?

Second thing was that the temperature during my first and only drive so far stayed just over 180 degrees but if I sat for a bit, it started to climb. And the litle red light just to the right of the 240 degree mark kept blinking. So i took off the bumper (thanks again to Youtube) and cleaned the radiators. See attached photos. Did not check the fan motors themselves but will do so before reattaching everything. Will take a couple of days to do that as I will be repairing the plastic vents first (a lot of cracks). Am thinking of fiberglass for the vent repair.
Suggestions.

And, the passenger window does not work. So i opened the door and found the cable was broken. Looks like the motor works. So, I can change the cable system. But the window is all the way up. how do I lower it (since the cable is broken) so I can loosen the connections and change the part.

That was my day. But I had fun. looking forward to getting Bertha (that's right) roadworthy. Thanks in advance for the advice.
ray_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote