View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron67 View Post
New to boxsters but long in tooth with p-cars (first one in 1970). Really enjoy our
2001 S with automatic however car came from GA so factory nav has the GA dvd and we live in MD. Anyone have a source for map 6 for this car or do I just replace with newer tech? Also anyone have technique for fixing convertible top that wants to close and stops about 1" above windshield? Also what is the
largest screen (aftermarket) that will fit in my dash? Car has factory nav and speakers on the doors if that matters.TIA, Ron in Baldwin, MD
I tend to agree that phone + bluetooth is the least expensive, most cheap to keep up to date but I understand the appeal of a built in GPS. With a built in GPS you don't have to fret about cell coverage or data usage or keeping a phone hooked up so the battery doesn't die. My wife prefers a built in system.

There are lots of threads about doing a double din installation. There is even a kit from Euro Motorspeed you can buy from Ebay or through companies like Suncoast.

Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories Aftermarket Radio Installation Kit

My research led me to Pioneer's NEX series. I've been really happy with it. You can see my install thread here. I even added a backup camera.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/62141-really-liking-pioneer-6200nex-double-din-installation.html

LEJ's install.

Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote