Thread: Pads and fluid
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
steved0x

I've got a 2000 Boxster S and I am FL too and do tracks days at Sebring, Roebling, Road Atlanta, and The FIRM. I'm using EBC Redstuff and ATE type 200, and GT3 front brake cooling ducts, and my brakes have been holding good. They may get a little soft at the end of a 30 minute session at Sebring, but they've never gone away. But then also I am not the fastest driver. They have never faded at Roebling or Road Atlanta.

First few track days were OEM pads with ate super blue (same as I use now but without the blue dye), no fade but I was really slow and so probably light on the brakes

My front and rear rotors are getting down near the wear limits, when I change rotors I am.going to carbotech xp-10/xp-8.

My son has ebc yellow and likes them really well on his Miata.

Tires, I like the Hankook R-S3, other tires are faster but wear much more quickly, I've got around 19 days on the backs and 13 days on the fronts (replaced the previous fronts after 6 days because I tore up the outer edges due to lack of neg camber, then installed gt3 lca)

If you are doing timed events on 200 TW tires the rs3 is not the tire but fun for the money and long lasting I like the rs3.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote