View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #10
Porsche9

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
If you guys were involved in the industry, you would be very interested and you would know that battery storage capacities are set to make a huge leap within the next 10 years. Huge...10-100x.
The only semi-valid argument from the pro-ICE crowd about the future of electric is the butt-hurt over loss of ICE sound. If they lived 115 years ago, they'd be the ones angry about those noisy horseless carriages. Advancement always moves forward, despite resistance from the "scared of change" crowd.

Electric power puts IC to shame on every front but storage capacity, and that table will tilt in the direction of electric soon. Think "super conductors" and "nano carbon".
There will be transition periods when ICE and electric power will be facing one another and ICE is going to lose. Very soon...

There is no debate, only logic. Mark my words.
I don't like it but I know it's coming and sooner rather than later. I think the battery capacity issue will be resolved in the next 5 to 10 years but the infrasturcture to support electric cars will take longer. In the end it is an overall good thing especially if we can rid ourselves on the dependence of those that really don't like us. For me I will always like ICE over a electric motor just like I a steam locomotive over a diesel electriv locomotive. Both are dirty machines with many down sides but they are just a hellva lot more fun to play with.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote