View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 AM   #2
steved0x

That first link is interesting, I had not seen that particular breakdown of issues before.

Right turns - oil starvation due to oil being pulled away from the pickup point in the sump. The have a baffle for that.

Left turns - same starvation issue as right turns with the addition of oil collecting in the front of the right cylinder head. This I guess is where the extra pump comes in. Oil gets to the front of the cylinder head in turns? But since the pump on the left side is in the front all is good, but since it is in the back on the right side we need the extra?

Does this apply to sweepers? Like at Roebling Road Raceway the whole track is basically right hand sweepers with 2 left hand sweepers - turn 3 which is high speed and turn 5/6 which is lower speed.

Or does it apply to turns with really hard braking right before the start, or hard braking very shortly after coming out of the turn.

Does this apply to a track like Daytona with all of the long high speed banked left turns? Is a banked turn like a coordinated turn in an airplane? Like if you had a glass of water it would be perpendicular to the top of the glass even in a bank.

Just thinking out loud. My understanding is that this is only an issue when running r-comps?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote