View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #11
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ルーカス View Post
What i'm trying to get at is I really would like a car that tries to actively kill me when I drive it. :ah:
I totally get where you're coming from and that is why each Porsche I buy is older than the previous ones. My daily driver now is the 78 911SC. Why? Because its more involving and not a Barcalounger on wheels. If I want comfort, I'll drive my wife's BMW (the not-so-ultimate driving machine).

If you want a car that will actively try to kill you when you drive, then the 930 Turbo is the car for you. They didn't call it the Widowmaker for nothing.

I have personally driven a late 80's 930 and while a 997 GT-3 is probably ultimately faster, the way that the turbo delivers the power in the 930 is crazy - nothing, nothing, then whoosh!

The non-linearity of the power makes fast cornering treacherous because unless you know exactly where the engine is in the power band, as you reach the apex and open the throttle you might get nothing or you might get a boatload of whoosh. If you get the whoosh, then you will likely spin the car and end up in the weeds.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 01-08-2015 at 07:37 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote