View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
Allen K. Littlefield

Many IMS "Solutions" showing up.

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with the roller bearing offering from Europe as an IMS replacement? Seems like every day a new 'solution' (not to be confused with the LNE "Solution" being offered). Direct oil feed, roller bearing etc. with varying prices and I suppose varying success.

I am going with a double row ceramic replacement for my '02 TIP 2.7 with single row. Also will have the spin on filter installed along with AOS replacement. Sump will be dropped and checked for debris etc. This should give me peace of mind for the near future. My mechanic has just attended a LNE class and came back with a lot of info. he didn't have prior. He also bought the new tool to facilitate the changing of the bearing. Will have this done in the next few weeks when he has a slot. Will let you know the outcome. Going to cost me a bundle but what price peace of mind? Just wish the warranty was a bit longer.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote