View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #33
Parker986

Getting close to being finished. Made a few changes along the way.

I ended up adding resistors to the OEM 2 3/4" speakers in the rear deck in order to allow them to work with the Amplifier. I ran new speaker wires to the deck, but now I am second guessing how I ran the wires. I used the OEM speaker connector and wires for the subs, but ran all new wires for the rear little speakers and ran the wires right into the box. Hmmm, just realized now I can't remove the rear speaker deck without cutting those wires, and you have to remove the rear speaker deck to gain access to the engine. Interested in what others did when modifying their rear speaker deck.

Here's an update to my equipment list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker986 View Post
The equipment:
Head Unit: Double DIN Alpine INE-S920HD
Install Kit: Purchased kit from Eurospeed on eBay. I can't speak highly enough about Loi, I have called him twice for help. He is great! His advice alone is worth the price of the kit. And, if the wiring harness works as easily as I think that will be outstanding.
Amplifiers: JL Audio XD 700/5 & JBL GTO-504EZ
Front Speakers, Tweets & 4": Morel Virtus 402 4" 2-way components
Door Speakers: JBL gti 5.25 (used)
Rear Subs: Morel EW 538. These are better woofers than the Morel CAW 538 I was originally going to get.
Rear Minis: Kept OEM speakers and added resistors and ran new wires.
Sound Deadening: NVX SDDK 12 from Sonicelectronix
Amp Install Kit: KnuKonceptz KFX AK4-4 (way more than needed, all cables way too long)
Wiring & Connectors: Part Express
Will post a few pics once the project is complete, and share any challenges encountered to hopefully help anyone else looking to upgrade their MOST Bose system.

As many have mentioned, so far I believe the most noticeable improvement is the front dash speakers.

'03 Boxster S Lapis Blue
'06 BMW 550i Jet Black
Parker986 is offline   Reply With Quote